[Low blood pressure]

Author: Dora J (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 10-02-02 21:50

Hi ya all,

Been a while since I posted. Have been feel a lot better lately. I am now having problems with feeling really tired and sleepy all the time the last couple of days. I went to my family doctor today for a different reason other then my heart. When they took my blood pressure it was 102/54. The nurse made a comment on it being low but the doctor didn't say anything. I didn't think to say anything to him as I was concentrating on what I had gone there for, but later I got to thinking about it and thought probably this is why I am feeling so tired and sleepy all the time. I called my cardioligest and told her and she said my blood pressure was normal. What is considered a low blood pressure and is the 102/54 not low or was my doctor just being unconsidered.

Thank you,

Dora J.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Low blood pressure]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 10-02-02 22:48

Dear Dora,

There is a range for normal blood pressure: 140 to 90. Most people hover around 120 but everyone is different and betablockers will lower it. I'm never above 115 and usually in the 105s myself.

You can drink more fluids to get it up a little bit. The beta blockers can make you tired. If you only take one dose a day, try taking it at night. Otherwise, talk to your doctor about the fatigue.

S

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-03-02 06:39

Ditto here Dora - -

My b/p is rarely above 110/70 sometimes as low as 90/50 I feel tired then... keeping well hydrated does help some. Talk to your doc and see if you can adjust the time you take your meds as Sarah suggested, it may help.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Date: 10-03-02 07:09

Thanks... Sarah and Lisa,

I take 100mg in the morning and 50 Toprol XL at night. I have to watch my fluid intake as I have a lot of problems with water retaintion.

Two weeks ago I had to be on a liquid diet for a day due to some test, and then again this week. I also had to use the a Fleet no 1 both times. Maybe this had something to do with it. I am going to call my doctor in Baltimore again today to see what he says. I had called him yesterday and he wanted me to come to his office, but it is almost a two hr. drive, so I told him I'd like to just go through my local doctor. She is the one that said it is normal.

Thanks again for your replys.

Dora J

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 10-03-02 13:59

That may very well have thrown off your system...

Talk to the docs about what your feeling..

lisa

Author: chuck B (---.58.32.65.Dial1.Baltimore1.Level3.net)

Date: 10-03-02 18:16

Dora,

I am in the Balt/Wash area also and see a Dr. Kasper at Hopkins in Baltimore.Who do you see in Baltimore and are you satisfied with your care. Lisa has recommended a HCM specialty site in Boston but till then I am being treated/mistreated locally.

Date: 10-03-02 20:15

Hello

Chuck, I see Dr. Shorofsky at U.M and no I am not satisfied. I would like to go see Dr. (can't remember what Lisa said his name is) in New York, but he don't take medicate and that is the only insurance I have. I was told Dr. Kasper was good with HCM. I had an appointment to see him but then found out my insurance was cover there either. Am suppose to get an appointment with a Dr. in Phily. But had been feeling so much better when I found out that I was taking my medication wrong and started taking it right. I think probably the testings I have been going through the last couple weeks through me off.

Thanks everyone!

Dora J