If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News

[News]

Author: AMY (192.76.86.---)

Date: 09-30-02 14:11

Hello All,

I just wanted to inform you all of some events that have taken place in the last week with Shayne my finance. We both read and respond quiet often on this board. Shayne has HCM and has been doing pretty good since Dec of 98 when he had his myecotomy. Last Friday we went to see the doctor after Shayne had some chest pain in weeks past and the Cardiologist had put him through some test and all the results were back. To our surprise the results showed that Shayne had some blockage of his right artary. He is going in tommorrow morning for a cath to see what it is. The doctors say it is one of two things, 1. Scar tissue from his surgery in 98 or heart disease. That was a smack in the face considering Shayne is only 32 and this was a addition to his HCM, something totally different. After we get the results than they are either going to 1. Go on and put the IDC in if it is Scar tissue or if it is heart disease and blockage than they will do a angioplastie and put a perment stint in. Let me tell you this was a total smack in the face. I was the one that told Shayne he needed to go and see the doctor and when we got there he assumed that it was just from his HCM, I was right it could always be something else. I really don't care for his cardiologist to much is way way to political and seems to let things go. Plus he has made one to many smart comments to me Shayne really likes him for one reason or another so I try to be positive. That is pretty hard for me because I am pretty forward.

My question to all of you is, Has anyone been told that they have blockage from their previous surgeries??? What would this be caused by?

Please pray for us that it is scar tissue and not heart disease because his heart can not take much more!!!!! Thanks for the support and time from all of you.

I wish you all the best

Amy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: News]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 09-30-02 15:16

Dear Amy,

I'm very sorry about this latest development. You would think that those of us with HCM are dealt enough, but it doesn't prevent other things from happening. Hopefully Shayne understands the importance now of getting checked out when he is having symptoms. Hopefully it will be an easy thing to fix and let him know that we are all pulling for him. Does heart disease run in his family? Some people scar easier than others, so it is hard to say what the odds are for either situation.

hang tight,

Sarah

Author: AMY (192.76.86.---)

Date: 09-30-02 15:35

Sarah

No heart disease does not run in his family and the doctor kept saying well I bet it is not just scar tissue but that was the first thing that he brought up!!!

Thanks for the support!

I will keep you updated!

Amy

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 09-30-02 16:21

Amy -

This sounds rather unusual to me... is he at a larger hospital?? I would be happy to speak to you more... I will be in the HCMA office on 9-2 in the morining for a while... call then or leave a message with a good time to talk... remember I will be in MN later this week so it will be rather nuts!

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X