If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No truth to the rumor

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No truth to the rumor

[No truth to the rumor]

Author: Linda (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 09-25-02 20:21

I am posting this as a new message because the question is several days old now. Someone questioned if Dr. Barry Maron was retiring. As a Member of the Board of Directors of the HCMA, I can tell you all that Dr. Maron is not retiring and will remain actively involved with the HCMA. Dr. Marty Maron is his son, practicing at Tufts, also seeing those affected with HCM. (One of those family things to be proud of.) I just finished talking with Lisa. She is very busy preparing for the Summit next wk in Minneapolis. She probably will be more sporatic in checks of the message board for a few days, but is certainly available thru the office of the HCMA for emergencies. I am looking forward to next wk's conference and spending time with Lisa in person! Remember, I am in Maryland, and communicate long distance with her also. Let's all wish her well in her presentation on our behalf next wk.

Linda Price, Board of Directors, HCMA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: No truth to the rumor]

Author: Arlene (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-29-02 20:17

Hi

Is Dr. Marty Maron at Tufts in Boston? Where exactly is he?

Thanks to all

Arlene

Author: Bryan Lombardo (---.bos.east.verizon.net)

Date: 09-29-02 22:30

yes

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 09-30-02 15:58

The rumor is far from true... yet may have been a simple miscommunication!

Dr. Barry Maron is VERY active at the Minniepolis Heart Inst. Foundation and far from retirement.

Dr. Martin Maron is begining his career at TUFTS in Boston MA working in the newly created HCM Center.

And if you were wondering Dr. B. Maron has yet another son...Dr. Maron... Bradley, he however cardiology is not his field...he was however featured on an Oprah last summer with some interesting research on deaths caused by sand holes left on beachs.

Hats off to Dr. Maron (Barry) and his wife Donna on raising two wonderful young men!

So with all these Dr. Marons in the world it is easy to see how one can get confused

Best wishes to ALL the Dr. Marons'!

Lisa

Date: 09-30-02 20:22

And Thanks to all the Dr. Marons and Donna! Linda

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 10-01-02 14:33

UPDATE UPDATE!!

Well Well it seems that I have an incorrect statement!!

Attention everyone...we now will have 3 Dr. Marons' in the cardiology world! I have just been informed by Dr. Barry Maron that Dr. Bradley has choosen cardiology as his career!

OK so now we have

Dr. Barry Maron (aka big guy)

Dr. Martin Maron (aka Dr. Marty Maron)

Dr. Bradley Maron ( we will just keep that as Dr. Bradley Maron for now!)

WOW...

Too bad Dr. Maron and Donna didnt have a few more kids they could have staffed a few more HCM Centers!

Best to all!!

Lisa

Author: Millie (---.24.223.186.Dial1.Philadelphia1.Level3.ne)

Date: 10-02-02 10:22

Linda,

We're in Delaware (close to the border of Maryland). You're practically my neighbor. It's nice to know someone so close to home!

Date: 10-02-02 20:15

We've prob met in OC or maybe at the outlet malls. I'm close to Westminster, west of Balto. Linda
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X