If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you


No announcement yet.

Still Waiting


About the Author


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Still Waiting

    [Still Waiting]

    Author: Amy N. (---.tnt2.seymour.in.da.uu.net)

    Date: 09-20-02 00:39

    We're still waiting to hear the report on my father's echo, but a nurse did call and the doctor is going to put my dad on a medicine. My parents can't remember the name of the drug and my dad's going to pick up the prescription on Tuesday when he goes back to get the holter. They think the nurse said that my dad has some thickening involved. So we are still waiting to figure out this mess. I wonder if they'll decide to "label" my father with anything or just wait. (Afterall that would only be two possible family members and me on the border line.) But then I don't know for sure what his echo said and my parents, although intellegent, just seem to be in left field about all of this. So I'll wait a little longer and the planner I am will start to figure out a way to get everyone to a specialist if that's where we need to go.

    Thanks for listening,

    Amy N.


    [Re: Still Waiting]

    Author: Sarah B.-Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

    Date: 09-20-02 02:38

    Dear Amy,

    Let us know how you dad is doing and what they are giving him. I do hope you get everyone to a specialist soon. Thanks for the update.

    take care,

    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.