If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCMA Annual Golf Outing - June 4, 2007

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lynn Perry Find out more about Lynn Perry
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCMA Annual Golf Outing - June 4, 2007

For those of you who have been involved with the HCMA over the past years, you are familiar with my annual BEGGING for help to support our annual golf outing.

This year's golf outing will be held on June 4th, the monday following the annual meeting. The golf course is approximately 20-25 minutes away from the location of the annual meeting. So, if you are a golfer or would like to volunteer on the day of the golf outing, please plan on staying an extra couple days and join us on June 4th.

As in past years, the golf outing requires the help of all of our members. We need prize donations, sponsors, golfers, and volunteers. The brochure and sponsor letters can be found on the home page of the HCMA web site if you need additional information.

We are looking for any type of help you can give us. Prize donations can be almost anything. Large prizes for raffles down to small "give away" type items. The prizes don't have to be golf related. Examples of prize donations from past year ranage anywhere from tickets to Disney World, tickets to professional ball games, Hotel stays, power tools, television, DVD players, collector coin sets, DVD's, golf bags, golf clubs, golf balls, golf tee's, baseball caps, company logo merchandise, coffee mugs, gift certificates for resturants and chain stores (Wallmart, Penney's, Red Lobster, Crackel Barrel, etc.). If you have small dollar company logo merchandise in quantities of 120, that would be a great help for the golfer goodie bags. That can include ANYTHING, well almost anything, but you get the picture.

You can send your donations directly to the HCMA office. Only thing I ask is that you let me know that you are sending something so I can keep track of what we have coming in.

For those of you who have followed the events with our father (Larry Flanigan) over the past 6 months, please take note that in past years since he is retired we relied heavily on him to do a lot of the "door to door" soliciating with the local businesses to get prizes and sponsors for the golf outing. This year, although he will still be helping us as much as he can, we are going to need to rely on the help of our other members to fill in the gap. He is not going to be able to do as much as he has in previous years.

As I have stated in previous years, the golf outing helps to cover the operating cost of the HCMA. Without funding the HCMA can not keep it's doors open. If the HCMA can not keep it's doors open, then the message board will not be available for the members. Thus, we need the support of the members to help make sure our annual golf outing is a succcess.

If each member arranged for one prize donation, one sponsor, or even one golfer, just think how successful we can make this fund raising event!

Don't have any extra cash to spare? Not a problem, you can use the brochure and sponsor letter on the home page to help soliciate help from a local business or your employer.

If you have any specific questions please drop me a note at my office e-mail account ([email protected]). Please note that I am having some e-mail issues this week so I might not be able to get back to you right away.

Thanks,
    Lynn Perry

Re: HCMA Annual Golf Outing - June 4, 2007

Still looking for your help with the Golf Outing. Yes, I mean you...

Please remember that the HCMA can not be here to support you and your family if we don't have your support during our fund raising activities.

Please let me know how you would like to help us out at the Golf Outing. Every little bit helps!!!!!!!

Thanks,
    Lynn Perry

Comment

Only a month away. Have you done your part to support this year's HCMA Golf Outing? Remember, you don't have to be a golfer and you don't have spend money. You can help by asking for a donation from your employeer or local business. Every little bit helps!!!

Thanks,
      Lynn

Comment

Still not too late to help out with the golf outing. Remember every little bit helps.

Just think if every member arranged for just one sponsor, prize donation or golfer what a great a fund raising event this would be.

Have you taken a little time to help us yet?

If not, PLEASE help us by arranging for just that one sponsor, one prize or one golfer.

Time is running out since we only have a couple weeks until the golf outing. So please make it your goal in the next couple days to help us by getting that "one" (sponsor, prize or golfer).

Thanks,
        Lynn

Comment

Working...
        X