If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CMC check in

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMC check in

[CMC check in]

Author: Dawn (---.cl.ri.cox.net)

Date: 09-13-02 13:57

Jerry and Lynn,

How are you feeling? I saw on the other posting that Jerry said he's doing better than he thought he would. Wonderful!! How about you Lynn? I was happy to see you were staying with your folks. It would have been too tempting for you to do all that a mom does for their childern. Are you able to pick up Kayla yet? Does she understand that mom has an 'ouchie'?

Tim and Susan,

Are you adjusting back to a normal routine, work and home? My Dad is back to normal--he works 4am - 2pm, so he hasn't taken off work post-op. My sister took off for a month from her day job (very part time) to help with mom. I had planned to help, like my sister, in the mornings. But we all know how plans go.....I just can not get rid of this cold and find myself in bed when I'm not at work. UGH, I hate being sick!

Sue Harry,

I can understand how you feel about knowing too much, I'm a RN on a step-down floor. I know it's hard, but try to 'turn it off.' Pretend that you know nothing, ask questions that you think you know the answer to (I was surprized to learn a few new things or just a different side of it). And forget about the things that might/could happen. They are just that, might/could happen. Think about the things that ARE! As I read this, it doesn't seem like much help, I wish I knew the magic way to calm your worries related to knowing too much. Just try to 'turn it off.'

The CMC has been a great help and expirence, I hope that the updated web-site can get more people together face to face during their out of town hosp visits.

Dawn

p.s. Mom is doing so great, she's driving me crazy (which is a normal state for us!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: CMC check in]

Author: Lynn S. (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 09-14-02 14:58

Hi Dawn!!

It's so good to hear from you! I am doing pretty well, I still get tired mid-day and have to either sit and totally relax or sometimes take a nap but otherwise I'm moving along. I'm trying to build up my walking during the day and remind myself how much stronger I am each day. I've started to notice signs of improvement already from the surgery ie. if I bend over/squat down and then stand up my field of vision no longer blackens out! I'm frustrated only by the fact that I'm ready to be fully recuperated and back up to speed...I'm sure you've heard that from your Mom too! Tim went back to work the day after we returned home to Dayton. His life has been a little abnormal with my daughter and I at my folks but it has enabled him to work without concern of my trying to do too much. Kayla, our daughter, has been terrific about my 'boo boo'. She knows she has to be 'careful with Mommy' and wants to see my scar all the time. The day I came home she was frustrated though at how slow I was moving, she proclaimed at one point in an exasperated tone of voice, "Mommy! Move your feet!!". Needless to say, I've picked up speed in the last week.

So glad to hear that your Mom is doing so well, give her our best and as for you - get rid of that cold!!!

Lynn

Author: Jerry Salzman (---.indy.rr.com)

Date: 09-14-02 16:53

Hi guys,

I am doing fair. Today is not the best I must have done too much yesterday. Susan went back to work last Friday. Lynn, my youngest Charlie (5) is actually scarred of the scare. If I do not have a shirt on he runs away. I have gone out a few times and dome some walking. Glad to hear everyone is is doing good.

Lynn, are you still on pain meds? I tired going to tylenol on Tuesday and it was rough, so I am still on small does of narcotics.

Jerry

Author: Lynn S. (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 09-14-02 17:24

Hey Jerry,

I'm with you on today not being the best of days I've had - several members of my extended family have been by to visit and I'm pushing a little too much. That's too bad that Charlie is having a hard time with your scar, I would hope that as time goes on he will become more comfortable with it as he sees you return to a regular routine.

I've generally been taking my pain medication at night before bed and then Tylenol sometimes during the day depending on how stiff I am. I've had a stiff neck and shoulders since leaving the hospital and that tends to run me to the Tylenol if nothing else does. Evenings are the time I look for the Darvoset to help out.

Lynn

Author: Kay Ruth (---.as0.wlby.oh.voyager.net)

Date: 09-17-02 10:52

Hi guys , Glad you are all feeling a lot better ,just remember on those days you are feeling great and feel like doing a lot more than you know you should ,it will catch up with you the next day. I'm married to a man who won't give in to not being 100% yet it's been four months since his myectomy Today we are going to the clinic for his 2nd cardioversion. Hope this one puts him back in normal rythym . Good luck to all of you and take it easy. Kay

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 09-18-02 12:58

Kay -

Good luck on the cardioversion...

CMC - you guys are great I hope to have CMC 2 kinda like Survivor 2-3-4-5-6-....

lets see who meets up next!

Best to all

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X