If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCMA packet - Dr. in Jacksonville?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCMA packet - Dr. in Jacksonville?

[HCMA packet - Dr. in Jacksonville?]

Author: Karla (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-10-02 07:33

Hi,Lisa

I received my HCMA 'packet' in the mail yesterday! You must've been reading my mind, as I was just about to put in another request for it. I was very impressed with all the great info! THANK YOU!

I was surfing the net the other day and discovered that there is a Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. Are there any " HCM-ologists" there that you know of?

Thanks,

Karla

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: HCMA packet - Dr. in Jacksonville?]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 09-10-02 11:01

Dear Karla,

The HCM Clinic at the Mayo has its HQ in the Rochester, MN location and it is well worth the trip. Glad you got your packet!

S

Author: Dolly W (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-10-02 21:20

I, too, received my info/membership packet, and was VERY pleased with its contents and quality. Thanks so much - I will be joining soon.

Thanks!

Author: rob (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-15-02 22:02

There are some Drs. at St. V's that seem to know thier stuff. I have a family history and now they are suggesting I get an ICD. We are going down to Shands for 2nd opn., but Dr. Phillips is very good and takes his time w/ you.

Author: Mary Sharp (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-16-02 08:20

Rob,

Are you going to Shands in Gainesville????? If you are be careful! Read the post Lisa and Sarah you were right. This happened to me last Monday! I do not want anyone to go through what I just did! Also who are you going to see? I won't do any specific bashing on this board but if it is who I think it is e-mail me and I'll give you more details!

Mary S.

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 09-18-02 13:15

I ask you all to remember.. we are going to have expeinces with doctors we do not like...please be careful when sharing this information, what was not right for you may be right for someone else.

Mary - not saying you did not have a really bad day... just reminding all to be cautious.

Heck I could go on for pages and pages on one doc... but I was taught if you dont have anything nice to say...dont say it at all,,,, (see Mom I listened)... but he is still a #$$!##[email protected]@@%

Lisa

Author: Karla (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-19-02 07:57

Hi, All...

....thought maybe we have found another 'option' closer to us when I read the packet and there was a doctor referenced with a Jacksonville address.

Going to Cleveland to see Dr. Lever is still what we are focusing on. I made a call to our insurance company, and amazingly enough the 'co-pay' under our plan is the same to go see him as seeing a cardiologist across the street ! Woo HOO!

Hoping to find some good air fare prices to fly, as I think hubby making that long trek would not be wise thing to do.

Earliest we can get an appointment is first week of November....scrambling now to get all 'ducks in a row" before the holidays come AND 'the Mouse" changes our insurance plan!

Will keep you posted!

Karla

Author: Mary Sharp (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-21-02 23:33

I hear you on the insurance plan! I think it went up 26% for hourly cast and 48% for salaried! I don't know which you guys are but it does hurt either way! Maybe Lisa can give us some insight on which plan to choose on! I hope all goes well!

Mary S.
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X