[ablation or myectomy??]

Author: robin (---.nas29.dallas1.tx.us.da.qwest.net)

Date: 09-08-02 20:44

well , husabnd and i are headed to mayo this week, he,s on the schedule for surgery, but we still are,nt sure which procedure to go with , for his situation. we have spoken to both surgeons and they were both great. still not sure. any imput from those who have had either done. thanks robin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: ablation or myectomy??]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 09-08-02 23:25

Dear Robin,

I'm unclear as to your situation --are you saying that you have talked to the Mayo Clinic's doctors already and they can't make a recommendation either way and are leaving it up to your husband to decide if he has an ablation or a myectomy?

I don't know under what set of medical circumstances would make it unclear. I thought that myectomy had a pretty narrow window of usefulness and if you don't meet the criteria, then it isn't for you. Am I wrong about this, LIsa?

However, I don't think anyone can really tell you which way to go--they can only tell you what each procedure does and what the desired outcome is. What does your husband need to have happen and which procedure will do that --that is the question, really.

Sorry for my non-answer.

S

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: ablation or myectomy??]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 09-09-02 08:38

Robin,

You are going to a great place, trust the docs, ask questions, and you if you need anything call us.

Lisa