If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scholarships

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scholarships

[scholarships]

Author: Samara (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-02-02 22:00

Hello,

My 17 yr old daughter has Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and also has a AICD implant. Does anyone know of any scholarships out there for kids who want to go to college with this codition? or any type of financial assistance?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Samara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: scholarships]

Author: Board Moderator-Sarah B. (---.28.37.153.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)

Date: 09-03-02 00:28

Hi

I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I found www.college-scholarships.com that helps you search for scholarships for particular things and if you do a search on google.com for college scholarships, there are a bunch of listings for similar services --most are free, too.

Also, your daughter should talk to the financial aid offices of her top three or so choices and see what they can find out for her.

S

Author: Mary Sharp (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-03-02 07:42

You know that would be a great Idea to have a scholarship fund for kids with HCM! I am experiencing the whole college thing right now and how nice it would be to not have to work full time, deal with condition, and still try to make something out of myself! So if anyone one of us hits the lottery this week (Florida was at 52 mil) we should set up an HCM scholarship! Just a thought!

Mary S.

Author: Brie Rodighiero (---.dialup.sndg02.pacbell.net)

Date: 09-03-02 18:28

I don't know of any scholarships that help students with HCM. And I have done alot of seaching! I too, am a full time student and I work full time. It gets very stressfull and as we all know, the stress only makes us feel worse. But I haven't given up so if I ever come across any scholarships for students with HCM I will post it!

Brie

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 09-04-02 10:15

I would tend to doubt you will find a scholarship for something as specific as "for those with HCM", you may wish to search for scholarships for those with disabilities in general. Funds are so tight in the medical world and most funding is focused towards finding better teatments for those with HCM.

But I am with Mary...if i won the lottery tomorrow..it is on my list of things to do, until then,,,, student loans seem to be the answer.

Best to all and study hard!

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X