If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you


No announcement yet.

Looking for Dr. @ Mass General-Boston


About the Author


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for Dr. @ Mass General-Boston

    [Looking for Dr. @ Mass General-Boston]

    Author: Arlene (---.proxy.aol.com)

    Date: 09-02-02 20:35


    Does anyone know of a good and knowledgeable doctor

    in the Boston area, preferably Mass General Hospital

    that specializes in HCM? I have not been feeling well at

    all after starting an exercise program and started with the

    palpitations, nausea, dizziness and syncopy. I stopped

    on last Monday and am still not feeling 100%. I got

    a copy of my medical records to take to a specialist

    because of some hernieted discs in my neck from a car

    accident and believe it or not came across a report from a

    doctor I had seen who wrote after my echo that I had "early

    left ventricular hypertrophy" and "cannot rule out abberant

    coronary artery." Needless to say I am shocked that this

    came TEN YEARS later only because I requested some

    records for something totally not related. My Mom has

    cardiac problems and her Dad's family did too. I lost my

    Aunt (my Mom's sister) three years ago to sudden death, with

    no autopsy but heart related. I am having strange sensations

    on the left side of my head also and a tingling feeling going

    through my body. Anyone have any advice or know of anyone

    or am I better off in another state being treated?

    Thanks....I have already learned alot just by reading your postings.

    Any help and comments are appreciated.



    [Re: Looking for Dr. @ Mass General-Boston]

    Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

    Date: 09-02-02 20:45


    I would suggest you contact TUFTS. It is the practice of the HCMA not to give out doc. #'s and names on the message board. If you call the office we can discuss your needs further.

    Best wishes,

    Lisa Salberg


    [Re: Looking for Dr. @ Mass General-Boston]

    Author: Board Moderator-Sarah B. (---.28.37.153.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)

    Date: 09-03-02 00:35

    Dear Arlene,

    I'm sadly not incredibly surprised by what happened. Please call Lisa right away and get checked out. You and your siblings and your children (if any) should all be screened with echocardiograms asap.

    all the best,

    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.