[Family celebration and a close call]

Author: Karla (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-02-02 20:04

Hi All,

In keeping with the request of sharing some good news, I wanted to share that we celebrated my parent's 55TH wedding anniversary on Friday. My oldest son and daughter in-law were in town from NC, too! After we all went for a great dinner, we came back to the house for the evening. My oldest son is quite a 'cut-up' and had us all in stiches!

Laughter proved not to be the best medicine for hubby, as he nearly passed out from laughing so hard..(.he calls it getting 'air-locked') It hadn't occurred to me that laughing would be such a problem for him...Something I just didn't think of!

Thank goodness he got his wind back, or it would have meant a trip to the ER! (by the way, he 'confessed' this to me the next day - I'm embarrassed to say that we were all too caught up in the merriment to notice)

I'm so embarrassed that I didn't notice or even THINK that laughing would give him SOB...something new to be on the lookout for....

Karla

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Family celebration and a close call]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 09-02-02 20:47

Well... I can say that a good laugh can take the wind out...but by all means keep laughing! just remember to catch your breath!

Lisa