If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telathon

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telathon

[Telathon]

Author: Matt (---.disney.com)

Date: 09-02-02 18:36

Hi everyone,

I was just starting dinner and put the TV on for some background noise and the MDA telathon is on. I am having a relatively good day after a pretty crappy day and night yesterday. So I got to thinking (yes dangerous thing sometimes)... The MDA is doing great things and - WOW! - they're getting over 50 million dollars in donations this year alone.

So I propose that we all give to something close to our hearts Truthfully, the store is nice and the selection and quality of the merchandise is excellent, but I'd rather have 100% go to the HCMA.

So Lisa, et al, I am going to donate $100. I'll send you the money within 2 weeks (unless you take Amercian Express, then I can get it to you right away).

Thanks for everything!!!

Matt

(Imagine how much it would help if all of our members gave $5)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Telathon]

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 09-02-02 18:43

Wow, Matt! What a wonderful idea!

Reenie

Author: Linda (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 09-02-02 19:11

Hey Matt, I agree. My check will be in the mail this wk too. Don't let me discourage anyone from buying from the store. Remember, those purchases will be a visible PR message for the organization. Linda

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 09-02-02 19:17

I am all for that and I thank you all VERY much for anything you are able to donate, God knows we need all the help we can get!

Seeing as many of you have such wonderful ideas... I was wondering if any of you knew where I can find printing stock that would allow the HCMA to print up membership cards (at a reasonable cost). I want to be able to print them up here at the office with your names and membership dates.

Any ideas???

Matt - Thanks a million! You are such a sweet heart!

Thanks to all!

Lisa

Author: Robbyn (---.sympatico.ca)

Date: 09-02-02 21:45

Hi Lisa,

There are sheets of stock with tiny perforated holes that you can run through your printer - the result is business size cards. They are inexpensive $10 per 100 (Canadian). You would make a template with the info that stays the same. The only problem would be that you could only run one sheet through one time - so you would have to wait until you have 10 names per sheet filled in. Because once you tear the perforations you can't put it back through your printer.

I think this would do the job for you, as you can type what ever you want to.

Let me know if you need more info.

Robbyn

Author: Mary Sharp (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-02-02 21:51

Matt, You are AWESOME. I really appreciate your offer if I have the ICD implanted I may take you up on it. We should get together sometime for dinner or something! Wasn't the easiest talking between tours I was soooo happy we were dead that night! looks like this weekend wasn't that good for any of us. I am feeling much better though took out some old LPs and playing them now. Yeah I know I'm only 22 I shouldn't even know what they are but I love the oldies. Especially the Four Seasons Rag Doll! Anyhow thanks again!

And Lisa as soon as my school loan comes in I'm making a donation too!

Mary S.

Author: Board Moderator-Sarah B. (---.28.37.153.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)

Date: 09-03-02 01:06

Lisa

I'm writing you an e-mail with a suggestion.

S
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X