If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotels near Mayo Clinic/St. Mary's

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels near Mayo Clinic/St. Mary's

[Hotels near Mayo Clinic/St. Mary's]

Author: Dolly W (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-02-02 15:43

Hi,

I am going to Mayo/St. Mary's in October. The Mayo website showed the location of some of the hotels in the area, but I wanted to know if anyone had stayed in any of these hotels and what they thought of them as far as cleanliness, closeness to shopping/restaurants, etc.

Also, if there is anyone else going about the 10th of October, please let me know!

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Hotels near Mayo Clinic/St. Mary's]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 09-02-02 15:51

Dear Dolly

The first time I went to Mayo, I was outpatient, so we stayed at the Embassy Suites, I think. It was an all suite hotel and about 80 or 90 bucks a night. It was very nice.

When I went inpatient at St. Mary's, we stayed at the Fiksdal, actually my husband at the time stayed there, as it was closer to the hospital --just across the street. It was about 50 or 60 bucks and just a room, but it had a mini fridge and a microwave in a corner. Seem careworn but clean. If you are going to be in the hospital the whole time, let hubby "rough it" and save the dough.

Feel free to e-mail me about anything specific...

S

Author: Linda (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 09-02-02 19:17

I think the Kahler(?spelling) has special Mayo rates. We tried to stay at the Ronald McDonald House, not an option for adults, and the Kahler rates may have been connected with that if no rooms were available. Always ask if they have special rates because you might get them. Another thing we found after surgery - McDonalds will fix salt-free French Fries for you if you ask. They even wipe all salt off the scoop. They are very kind and helpful. We found this everywhere in Rochester, except for the cabs. We had several bad experiences with them, try to stick with the shuttles. Linda

Author: Sandy (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 09-02-02 21:11

I'm an HCMer and happen to live in Rochester. There are two brand new hotels just across the street from St Mary's. Also nearly all hotels in Rochester offer a shuttle to & from your clinic appts. E mail me.. maybe I can be of some help

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 09-03-02 08:11

Sandy -

thanks for the help... please email me as I may have something you can do for the HCMA...if you want to help.

Thanks!

Lisa

Author: Midge Rollins (---.obmo.socket.net)

Date: 09-05-02 21:12

I go to Rochester every 3 months for my HCM and we stay out on Hwy 63 at Econo Lodge S. It runs about 50 bucks a night and has a continental breakfast and free shuttle service to the clinic and the hospitals. Since we go so often it is nice to have a little cheaper hotel. It is clean and the employees are very nice and helpful. I can also give you great places to eat while there if you would like.

Midge

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 09-05-02 21:47

Hi

Oh, do I miss the Pannekoken Restaurant (sp???). We don't have them down here in Chicago and even though we have German pancakes, they just aren't the same. I like to go in raspberry season and have the raspberry chicken, butter, shakes, and pancake. big sigh. How sad is it that I want to go to the doctor for the dessert??

S
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X