If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hibernia goes Hollywood??

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hibernia goes Hollywood??

[Hibernia goes Hollywood??]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 09-02-02 13:42

Just a little light trivia here... Over the past 2 weeks a film crew has been in my town and you will soon be able to see Hibernia on the BIG screen!

Hibernia is a small part of Rockaway Township which is located in Morris County NJ, about 30 miles west of NYC.

Today the film crew is parked at the post office the HCMA uses (PO BOX 306!), they are using the library across the street as a set. The Library is an old church; in fact I was the last child Christened at the church (me an Micheal Barkey) before the new church was opened!

The movie is going to be called the something "Station" when I get the entire title I will post it.

They also filmed in the deli up the street, driving down the road around the corner from me "Green Pond Rd", at Smiths Tavern, and areas around Rockaway.

The movie will star one of the guys from 3rd watch, the red head from 6 feet under, a girl from Dawson’s Creek and the “little person” that use to appear on the Stienfield show from time to time (the guy with the beard)…As you can see I am not very good at names of T.V. personalities.

I will fill you in more as I know more, while this has NO real importance whatsoever…heck its fun that you will all be able to see the home of the HCMA at your local theater!

FYI – The reason why I chose the Hibernia post office for the location of the HCMA’s address (I could have used 2 others)…was because the 1st person my family lost to HCM was my grandfather, he lived in Hibernia. He built his own home about ½ mile up the street from the Post office and was a member of the Hibernia fire department, which is also up the street from the post office.

There is a piece of HCMA history for you!

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Hibernia goes Hollywood??]

Author: Larry (---.ppp.fcc.net)

Date: 09-03-02 12:51

Just to expound a wee bit:

The movie now being filmed is not the first to be done in the area. The silent classic "The Great Train Robbery" was done just a few miles up the road from Hibernia.

"The Sopranos" is filmed in other areas of New Jersey, however it is part of local folklore, that people in similar professions to those portrayed on "The Sopranos" may have in the past used some of the once open vertical mineshafts in Hibernia to dispose of ill fitting cement overcoats worn by unwilling models; one perhaps even in a Caddilac.

The reason that Lisa was the last baby christened in the old church was that they figured she would be a tough act to follow. I'd say they have been right so far.
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X