[Sugery date]

Author: Nancy Sarvis (---.access.naxs.com)

Date: 08-30-02 20:58

Updating all. I'm scheduled for a myectomy @ Cleveland Clinic for Sept. 12, Dr. Smedira. Everything is coming together for this trip. I know the sugery is not a cure for HCM but I'm looking forward to any relief of symptoms! Side note: I've had a pretty good week as far as symptoms go. My husband and I took advantage and went camping this week! I highly recommend it for a diversion to keep from dwelling so much on the next few weeks. Anyway, I guess I'm starting the second shift of the CMC and I'm feeling ready (at least this day) to get this show on the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Sugery date]

Author: Amy Nierman (---.tnt1.seymour.in.da.uu.net)

Date: 08-30-02 21:27

Good Luck with your surgery and with the waiting! I'm sure a positive attitude will help the time go quickly.

Take care,

Amy

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-31-02 10:29

Keep posting your updates on the board...you may be able to find some other HCMA members that will be in Cleveland at the same time. I do think that the current CMC found it helpful to have some friends while there.

Best of luck and let us know if you need anything!

Lisa

Author: Jerry Salzman (192.35.79.---)

Date: 09-01-02 05:05

Nancy,

Dr. Smedira is the best. Don't ask him about me though he said he is terrible at names. His nure particianer who usually does the rounds is named Lisa and she is GREAT! Although I was hearing her talk to others as though she was changing jobs.

You made the correct decision to come here in my book. I am glad I did.

Jerry