If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam!

[Sam!]

Author: Craig (---.detroit05rh15rt.mi.dial-access.att.net)

Date: 08-29-02 13:05

Hey all!

Lisa will scold me for waiting so long to announce this, but Samuel Victor Novell-Regester was born on August 15th at 1:42am. He was 8 pounds even, and has quite a personality already.

We have been having some problems with the breastfeeding, which is I why I took so long to announce his wonderful entrance into our lives.

Now, I just need to convince myself to still get the damn ICD put in next week Tuesday. We are considering waiting another three weeks until he gets a better handle on the feeding situation.

Again, what are the main restrictions post-op? My wife is understandably concerned about how my limitations might get in the way of helping her, Sam, etc. Of course, we both know the ICD is very important, but we're not sure if waiting another three weeks (end of September) would really make a difference. It might make an important difference to Sam, as well as to my level of pre-op rest.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Anyways, that's life in the big city of Detroit!

Craig, Vickie and Sam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Sam!]

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 08-29-02 13:55

WELCOME SAM!

Congratulations to all...including the grandparents!!

Craig... re read some of the older posts on the board (do a search for ICD here on the message board..it works well).

Spend sometime with your family and set the appointment up for a few weeks from now...recovery is really nothing much (nothing like what your wife is going through!)

Best wishes to all!

Lisa

Author: Sarah B.-Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 08-29-02 14:27

Dear Craig

You won't be able to lift things for a short while and not lift anything over your head for a few weeks after that. I don't know the exact timing on it. Also see zaplife.org for more ICD specific stuff.

Congrats and good luck

Sarah

Author: amy (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-29-02 21:49

Congratulations to all and I am glad that the baby is healthy and fine. Get the IDC it will save your life and your family needs you now more than ever!!! Me and my soon husband are going through the same thing. We are planning to start a family at the beginning of next year so we have a appointment with the doctor ina couple of weeks to get the difibulator put in!! Do what is best for your family and remember your family needs you so staying well and healthy is very important! Again Congrats

Amy
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X