If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawn where are you???

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn where are you???

[Dawn where are you???]

Author: Susan (192.35.79.---)

Date: 08-28-02 12:29

Dawn

I tried to reach you yesterday but you were not home. I was told you were here in the hospital visiting your mom, but I couldn't find you because I don't have your moms last name. I hope everything is going ok. Please let us know how you are doing.

Susan(Jerry 's wife)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Dawn where are you???]

Author: Dawn (---.cl.ri.cox.net)

Date: 08-30-02 14:09

Susan,

Sorry to be MIA. Mom's post-op confusion and her anxiety hit at the same time on Tue!! Talk about ****!! I stayed with her until she was discharged that evening. She called me right after you and I got off the phone that morning. I'm so sorry I couldn't come see you. Very fustrating since I was in the same hospital as you.

For mom, everything went ok. For her family, we are all 'frazzled' and tired. In some ways it's harder on the family than the pt. When they say to make sure you're taking care of yourself, it's very true. I got home from work Thurs morning and went to bed and got up Fri morning, 24 hours later!!! So, this is the first time I've had a chance to go online.

Just so no one gets worried about their own possible future myectomies---my mom's anxiety and confusion are RARE. Her anxiety is related to her phobia of doc's and anything medical. Her confusion post-op could be related to a number of different things; reaction to anesthesia, UTI, different environment, or Xanax withdrawl. Her reaction/confusion is NOT the normal.

Dawn
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
X