If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Shirts and MUCH more ARE READY!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Shirts and MUCH more ARE READY!

[T-Shirts and MUCH more ARE READY!]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-24-02 18:05

Well Thanks to a wonderful lead from Dolly (yeh DOLLY!) The HCMA will now be offering a full line of t-shirts, golf shirts, and even BOXER SHORTS!

The address to start your shopping at is WWW.CAFEPRESS.com/SHOPHCMA

I did get a little carried away when I saw all the wonderful ideas they had... SO I created something NEW and a little different.

As many of you may know butterflies hold special meaning to me and my family, they are our symbol of my sister Lori. The HCMA was founded in memory of Lori and there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of her.

In our yard we have planted 3 "butterfly bushes", for those of you not from an area with them I will explain what they are. They are a rather fast growing bush with cone shaped flowers that are very sweet and they attract butterflies. Adam and I purchased 2 bushes fo the garden in front of our house and the third was a gift from my brother (Larry) and sister-in-law (Linda). This year we attracted so many butterflies! Adam took the digital camera out a few weeks ago and took some of the most amazing shots of our visitors.

SO..What we have done is we have created the "Lori Fund for HCM Awareness" All items in the "Butterfly Collection" will have all fund directed to this fund, which the general purpose will be to raise public awareness of HCM. The unique thing about these item is you do not need to be an HCMA member ..or even know what HCM is to enjoy them. These are great ideas for birthdays, holidays or any special event.

Pricing on item on the new site is basicly set by the company that sponsors the site, the HCMA makes between 1 and 4 dollars per item you purchase.

SO get those Credit Cards out and head to WWW.CAFEPRESS.COM/SHOPHCMA

Thank you all in advance for your support!

Oh yeh...Tim and Lynn were the 1st to actually purchase shirts (Tim snuck onto the site while I was working on it!)...Anyway he received them on Friday (yesterday) he said the quality was very good!

Best to all!

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: T-Shirts and MUCH more ARE READY!]

Author: Dolly Lee (---.pressenter.com)

Date: 08-24-02 18:46

WONDERFUL job Lisa!!! I am so glad you were able to make such fantastic use of my "lead"! I plan on ordering soon. What fun! :0)

Dolly

Mom to 12 year old Andrew ~ HOCM

Myectomy in '96

ICD implant in '99

read Andrew's story at http://www,designsbydolly.com/andrew

Date: 08-24-02 18:56

Could not have done it without you! Team work makes all the difference!

Enjoy your shopping!

Lisa

Author: Dolly W (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-24-02 21:26

Lisa,

Awesome job on the HCMA shop!

Date: 08-25-02 16:02

Tara, Tim, Jerry, Allen, Patricia and the rest...Thanks for shopping at the new site - Please let me know what you think of the quality of the items upon reciept. Enjoy everything and know each time you ware/use your new items YOU make the HCMA possible!!

Thanks from the bottom of my heart...and thats a BIG heart!

Lisa

Date: 08-25-02 20:34

OK here is the new HCMA Challange!

Once you get all your cool HCMA stuff take a picture in your new HCMA attire or with your cool new HCMA stuff and send it either by email or snail mail to the HCMA - You may appear in a newsletter or even on the web!

Lets see how many we can collect!

Lisa

Author: Larry (216.44.69.---)

Date: 08-26-02 18:33

Those "butterfly bushes" apparently do a very good job of attracting black bears to Lisa's yard as well. Now I hope you appreciate and understand why your big brother gave you boxing lessons with teddy bears all those years ago. As is often the case, I was a man ahead of my time, even as a boy. Nostradomus had nothing on me you know.( And don't think that this teddy bear thing is going to go away anytime soon) -

Now........about the tie-dyed HCMA shirts.................

Date: 08-26-02 21:29

Larry...the 70's are gone...get over it...

Love,

Lisa -

Author: Matt (---.disney.com)

Date: 08-27-02 09:44

Lisa,

I have to admit that I like Larry's tie-dyed idea. After all, I was in high school in the 70s.

P.S. Are you seeing someone about your teddy bear problem?

Matt

Author: Larry (216.44.68.---)

Date: 08-27-02 10:59

The good stuff from the 60's and the 70's shall live forever! This of course includes tie-dye, and ABSOLUTLY excludes disco! Maybe dancing teddy bears on tie-dye shirts? Can you say Jerry Garcia? -

Author: Mary Sharp (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-27-02 17:14

Hey Lisa, What about car decals! Not bumper stickers! I hate those. But a small heart with the logo on it! I think it would match my little red JBC (Jelly Bean Car) Neon perfectly!

Mary S.

Author: Larry (216.44.68.---)

Date: 08-27-02 17:25

The static type, not the sticky type are best.

Date: 08-27-02 18:05

CafePress only offers a limited number of items, most of them are on in the store in one form or another. The HCMA will be opening its own store items such as HCMA pins, water bottles and our book will be available there..just waiting on the web guys....

Lisa

Date: 08-27-02 19:11

Pins OH-BOY! Pin trading is huge at Disney! If you slapped a charcter on there we could spread the word so fast that half the world would at least know HCM deals with the heart, in a matter of weeks! Especially if you printed a little card that explained it! Just alot of wishful thinking there I know but its a thought.

Mary S.

Date: 08-27-02 19:15

Actually I just remembered! Disney already has done something like that! They sold pins to Cast that; get this had a Gold heart with Mickey's Hand and Wand on it! The proceeds went to the Variety Club! Think I had too much Pixie Dust today.

Mary S.
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X