If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Pre-Op

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Pre-Op

[Cleveland Pre-Op]

Author: Jerry Salzman (---.indy.rr.com)

Date: 08-24-02 12:39

All,

I passed and failed all the pre-op tests. So it looks like Tuesday is surgery. Thursday and Friday were long days with lots of waiting. The people were nice so that helped the feeling that we were in a gaint cattle call. On Friday I think we were in 4 different buildings. We started at 7:45 am and finished at 6:00 pm, a long day.

Well it is almost time for the laser tag birthday party for my 8 year old and then back to Cleveland. I am going to try and set up a status page that my wife can update. If it works I will post how to get there.

Jerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Cleveland Pre-Op]

Author: Jerry Salzman (---.indy.rr.com)

Date: 08-24-02 12:44

Whoops,

I forgot to mention I was asked to volunteer for a study. It looks like they are trying to compare myectomy to abalation blood flow. That's great if I can help, even if it does mean probably an extra trip to Cleveland.

Jerry

[Re: Cleveland Pre-Op]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-24-02 14:07

Jerry and the rest of the CMC - Cleveland Myectomy Crew!- Good luck and keep us up on your progress...

You have lots of friends thinking of you this week!

all the best!

Lisa

[Re: Cleveland Pre-Op&CMC]

Author: Dawn (---.cl.ri.cox.net)

Date: 08-25-02 21:33

Hi All,

The first of the CMC (my mom), is now on step down. I can't believe it's only Sunday. I'm sure I just did 2 weeks in the past 4 days!!! I'm so tired by the end of the day, I fall asleep before my head hits the pillow.

Mom is doing great! They're talking about discharging her in the next 1-3 days. She had an extra day in ICU, too sleepy from sedation. So surgery was Thur. and stayed in ICU until Sat evening. This morning she was walking a little (having a little trouble with feeling dizzy) and put on make up (had to look good for dad). The staff every where has been wonderful. Like Jerry said, feels like a cattle call but the staff is so nice it makes the difference.

Tim, Jerry and I have been emailing and hope to met for dinner on Monday. It's going to be great to have face to face support and to share experiences. I'm the one in the family doing the HCM research, the rest of the family just doesn't really get it. And Mom's been too stressed to think about it yet. It's a new dx for the family, I'm sure they'll catch up soon. So, it will be great for me to have a face, a person who understands this crazy disease and all that goes with it. (computers are great but they lack in some ways)

Who knows maybe all of us will sit at the same computer and post you all a note!

Dawn--CMC

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 08-25-02 22:48

Thanks for the update. I'm still keeping you in my prayers.

Reenie

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-26-02 08:09

I would LOVE to see a joint note from all of you! I hope you all link up and have some smiles with each other. Guys..be a little careful though remember we are all a little different so do not expect each situation to be the same. You will all have slight differences in procedure and recovery.

MY BEST WISHES are in Cleveland this week!!!!!!!!

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X