[Visit to St Luke's/Roosevelt in NYC]

Author: Joyce (---.suffolk.lib.ny.us)

Date: 08-23-02 16:58

I am a "senior" who lives on Long Island and who was diagnosed with HCM a few years ago, but the symptoms had become more pronounced in the last few months. My local cardiolog. recommended beta blockers and the possibility of a dual channel pacemaker, but I wanted to investigate other options. Luckily, I found this website and Lisa, bless her heart, told me about the HCM work being done at St. Luke's. I had an appointment with Dr. Mark Sherrid last Tuesday, at which time I brought in the tape of my last echocardiogram and my reports. Dr. Sherrid spent quite a bit of time with me, and showed a great deal of enthusiasm and dedication to the treatment of HCM. He recommended DISOPYRAMIDE and I have a follow-up appontment with him in 2 weeks to further discuss treatment. Lisa, thanks again for your counsel!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Visit to St Luke's/Roosevelt in NYC]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 08-23-02 17:05

Dear Joyce,

Good for you! I was on disopyramide for ten years and it worked great for me. Some people have a little dry mouth with it, but sugar-free candies or staying hydrated should alleviate it.

Good luck,

Sarah

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-23-02 17:46

Joyce,

I am glad to hear you appointment went well! You are in very good hands at St. Lukes!

Best wishes!

Lisa

Author: Annette (---.neave01.pa.comcast.net)

Date: 08-23-02 21:55

Joyce,

I was very interested in your comments as I have an appointment with Dr. Sherrid on Tuesday. Please God he can help me too.

Annette