If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oprah show

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oprah show

[Oprah show]

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 08-21-02 18:33

I started watching the Oprah show today and the topic was heart disease in women and the foods you can eat to stay heart healthy. It prompted me to suggest they do a show on HCM, especially to increase the awareness of the disease what with fall football and other competitive sports coming up soon. I suggested, too, that they come to this site to read on the condition for background information. Let's hope her producers read the message and research enough to at least do a segment on her show to increase the awareness.

Reenie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Oprah show]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 08-21-02 18:34

Cool beans!!!!

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-21-02 18:57

Keep trying I think to date 50 people have written Oprah about the HCMA and HCM! Maybe someday they will listen...I'll be here when they do!

Lisa

Date: 08-21-02 19:42

What if we ALL wrote in? And included the info on setting up screenings for young athletes?

S

Date: 08-21-02 19:43

GO FOR IT ACE~!!!

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 08-21-02 20:13

I did mention young athletes in my message too. Cross your fingers!!

Author: Kay Ruth (---.as0.wlby.oh.voyager.net)

Date: 08-21-02 20:15

The way you people have been moving lately we'll be seeing you on Oprah in a couple of weeks sporting your new Hcma T shirts. Kay

Author: Linda (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 08-21-02 20:30

We may need to hold auditions!

Linda

Date: 08-21-02 21:26

Sure ... And holding our HCMA coffee mugs with our HCMA backpacks and so on and so on...wait til you see the goodies...

Lisa

Author: Sandy (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-21-02 22:12

I rarely watch daytime TV, but did happen to tune in to Oprah this afternoon. Watched a gal named Sharon, tell of her high BP, how tired she was & how she got so short of breath when climbing stairs! Could those also be symptoms of HCM? Did it ring a bell for anyone else?

Date: 08-21-02 23:01

Dear Sandy,

Actually, most HCM'ers have normal to low BP and most cardiac conditions will cause sob and fatigue so she could very well have CHF or CAD or what have you --but HCM is not entirely out of the question, either.

S
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X