If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddling Ducks in the Same Direction

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waddling Ducks in the Same Direction

[Waddling Ducks in the Same Direction]

Author: Nancy Sarvis (---.access.naxs.com)

Date: 08-18-02 23:20

I have an appointment with Dr. Lever on Sept. 9. Last week I sent a video of a TEE, and a CD of a heart carth done in Feb.2002 along with the reports. My septum measures 1.9. The doctors here say I'm not a good canidate for ablation because the area of my septum that would need ablation is very elongated and would require 3-4 "heart attacks". These same doctors also say "Chest pain is not a symptom of HOCM". Frustrating !!! isn't it? Along with my information to Dr. Lever I sent a letter asking if there was any way to get a myectomy while I was there if he felt one would be beneficial. I've been on numerous drugs and all helped short term, as did the pacemaker therapy. My question is - Will Dr. Lever most likely contact me before my appointment? We will be travelling from Tennessee and don't want to make any more trips than necessary. How long should I wait before I start to make a nusiance of myself. My Pastor and his wife want to come for support if I'll be getting surgery but I'd hate for them to make a trip just for a consult. This is basically what I sent in the letter to Dr. Lever. Do any of you have any idea if he will contact me prior to the appointment? My info should have arrived last Wednesday so it hasn't been that long. Just trying to get all my ducks to waddle in the same direction and could use advice from any one that has had success in this area. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Waddling Ducks in the Same Direction]

Author: Jerry Salzman (---.indy.rr.com)

Date: 08-18-02 23:50

Nancy,

I saw Dr. Asher at the Cleveland Clinic. I called his office before hand and sent some records, and he did call me back. I would call Dr. Lever's office and talk to them and ask your question. I am sure they will give you an answer. They are also very good at scheduling for out of towners. I did have a consult first and decided on a myectomy. Since then they have scheduled a cath, echo and surgery all for one trip.

Jerry

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-19-02 08:04

I ditto what Jerry saws about the out of towners.. I would give them a few days with the records then call...Maybe Thursday-Friday this week...make sur they got them and ask if they have had a chance to review...

good luck

Lisa

Author: Amelia Haynes (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-19-02 10:06

In October 2001 I had a TEE prescribed by my local cardiologist. I sent it to Dr. Lever; he looked at it, took it to Dr. Smidera, an appointment was made by Dr. Lever and surgery scheduled, based on his findings. He did call me immediately following his receipt of the TEE. I knew that the surgery was scheduled before I left home. I think he will do the same for you. Why don't you check with Karen, his secretary who will explain all this to you.
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X