If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dad

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linda
    replied
    Re: My Dad

Shirley, I do hope things go smoothly for you, Take care of yourself - Linda

Leave a comment:

• Janet McClure
    replied

Just letting you know I am thinking of you and your dad. I will keep you guys in my prayers and hope he continues to get better and better! Janet

Leave a comment:

• JohnM2
    replied

Glad to hear that your Dad is getting better.

I hope you won't be overstressed by having to take care of your father also. I know that older people can sometimes be difficult to look after. I still remember my maternal Grandmother coming to live with us when I was a late teenager. We had thought that our various Aunts who had her were being "selfish" when they complained how dificult she was - until she came to stay with us. On the other side of the coin, my parents are now in their mid-nineties and still living independantly - off for a visit to Spain in a few days. They aren't nearly so difficult to deal with as my Grandmother was.

I hope you will find your Dad more like my Parents than my Gran.

Cheers and best wishes

John

Leave a comment:

• dreamcatchinglady
    replied

Big hugs and warm thoughts are sent your way Shirley. I am keeping you and your dad in my prayers. Take care my friend.

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

Ok all my dad seems to be on the uphill of the pnuemonia and my 4 brothers has decided he needs to be here with me so I guess I will be taking care of my Dad now, I guess they really don't understand this disease and what it does to me, but i can't turn him away he is my dad and he needs me right now, so right now i would like to thank you for your prayers and thoughts

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• cynthiaG
    replied

he'll be in my prayers...

Leave a comment:

• JohnM2
    replied
    You have the thoughts and best wishes from myself and my wife also (she signs in as MaggieM2).

We hope your Dad will get better. I know that older people are harder to look after and are more delicate (my own parents are in their mid-nineties now and have decided that their trip from Bitain to Canada this year was their last).

Best wishes

John & Maggie

Leave a comment:

• Heartmans Wife
    replied
    Shirley-

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dad. Take care of yourself, too. Lots of hugs.

Ange

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie
    replied
    Shirley-
    I'm sending you some extra strength, to get through this difficult time, with your Dad.
    Be sure to take care of yourself & give yourself some extra "Hugs".

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied
    Shirley,

Sorry to hear about your dad , I hope he soon feels better, sending prayers and get well wishes.

Pam

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied
    Donna

I'm sorry I should have had you call Lisa in the office, that is just what the doctor told me and that it is often mistaken for Hypertention in older people

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Concentric is not 'Rare' as there is no "common" pattern for hypertophy in the heart with HCM.

Shirley,
    My thoughts and prayer are with you and your dad.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied
    Thank You everyone it means alot to me, my brother called this morning and said they are having trouble getting his fever down, and he is not able to keep anything down without first getting nausea meds first, they are also trying to get him out of the bed he doesn't seem to want to get up, they are also doing a CT scan on him because he has a spot on his lung that they found long before he got pneumonia and the doctor now is calling it pneumonia and I told him no he has a black spot there he used to work in the coal mines in MO. so they are looking at that spot a little closer

Donna I believe Concentric is a litle more rare then what most of us have, and it is where the ventricle is evenly thickened

Thanks again everyone for the prayers

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• Laoshur
    replied
    I will pray for your dad and for you and your family. Please keep us updated on his condition.

Rhoda

Leave a comment:

• Donna
    replied
    I hope your day will get well soon. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well as your dad.

I have a question about something in your post. I have seen it on my sons echo reports also. What is concentric Hcm? Just thought it was something I did not take notice of before, is it normal? Thanks for any thing you can tell me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X