If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Shirts

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Shirts

[T-Shirts]

Author: Tim S (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 08-17-02 22:55

I vote that we use the HCMA logo from the top of this page (and include website address) for the front pocket and a variety of statements for the back of the shirt in large print.

I liked Lisa's ideas (from previous thread):

- "I had a Myectomy!"

- "I had an Alcohol Ablation with 100% pure Alcohol"

- "I have an ICD..and I keep on tickin'"

- "I have HCM - ask me what it is"

I would add things like:

- "Septal Myectomy Club Member"

- "My Family has HCM - Ask me about it!"

- "HCM - I've been tested ... have you?"

- "HCM - Mine is obstructive ... is yours?"

Any other ideas?

-Tim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: T-Shirts]

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 08-18-02 01:15

I vote for "HCM - Mine is obstructive ... is yours?"

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-18-02 10:16

OK sounds good...but the "OFFICIAL HCMA logo" is not what currently appears on the website (but will soon).

Keep the ideas coming and along with it if anyone has a friend or family member in the "business" let me know. As you all know this organization runs mostly on donations and a few grants (in other words we are poor!) so we will need to have someone do the work for the best possible price.

I can most likely get a 4 color(back imprint) t-shirt with a one color print on the front pocket for about $14.00 per shirt our cost - selling for between $18-20 plus shipping-. The trick here is having the different front pocket imprint on the shirts there is a per "art work" set up charge per different shirt (that kills you in pricing).

It would be wonderful is a family/company would "sponsor" the shirts..we can put your/company name on the shirts too!

Hey Jerry Look what you started here!

Send all ideas to the HCMA ASAP - - I may start by doing this by asking for orders in advance as I have no idea how many to make..did you know the HCMA members database is nearly at 1800 families!

Hey --can you guys use these t-shirts for fund raisers in your local communities??

JERRY>>>you have me thinking way too much for a Sunday morning!

Best to all!

Lisa

Author: Connie (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-18-02 22:58

I like the Ideas TimS has..... I have spoke to some of my family members...kids, husband, sisters....and they all agree that it would be nice to have FAMILY members T-Shirts also....such as " My MOM has HCM...ask me about it!!!"

My daughter came up with this Slogan" HCM......Now Serving 1 in 500...ask me about it!!

The T-Shirt Idea is great!!!! Connie

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 08-18-02 23:07

Lisa, I asked my sister in law to call you. She will in the next few days. Her name is Jan Camp. She thought, but not sure, that she would be able to beat the $14 per shirt price. I'll let you handle all the details. Good luck!!

Reenie

Date: 08-19-02 07:58

Thanks for the input guys...keep it coming!

Lisa

Author: Dolly Lee (---.pressenter.com)

Date: 08-19-02 15:39

There is a wonderful place at:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/

where you can design and sell your own T-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, mousepads, etc... for NO up front cost! I used this company for a few years with Congenital Heart Defect Awareness merchandise. We used the Childrens Heart Information Network logo. I designed the T-shirts (we had several different designs) and TCHIN recieved the profits. The "cost" for the items is taken out of your account as you sell items. There is a certain amount the company charges for each item (such as the plain white T-shirt) and their labor charge, then you mark up the selling price to whatever you want to clear on each sale. They put your profits into an account and send out checks once a month. (I think. Maybe it was twice a month) You set up your own store on the Internet (through their site) and people order their own items right fromt he site. They print up each item as they recieve orders, not in advance. So you basically pay your fees ONLY when each item sells. Not up front.

Check it out! We had great success with them and the items were GREAT quality!

Dolly Lee

Date: 08-19-02 16:02

Dolly -

THANKS! I am so use to the "for profit" world I never would have thought about something like that!

THANKS DOLLY!!!

Lisa

Date: 08-19-02 16:31

Your welcome! Hope you find something that works one way or the other.

here is an example of one of my stores;

<a href="http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=fronttchin">http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.as...chin</a>

Dolly Lee

[Re: oops]

Date: 08-19-02 16:33

Boy did that link turn out a mess. Guess you can't use HTML here huh?! Here it is again a little neater :0)

http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=fronttchin

Dolly Lee

[Re: oops]

Date: 08-20-02 17:38

Dolly -

THANKS that is a great site! I should have the shirts ready in a few days! one thing though when I set up my store it asked what store # refered me..I could not find your # so I left it blank. If you get something for referals I would be happy to call them with your store number..let me know.

Tim and Jerry - Ask and you shall receive! T-shirst are on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

more info on how to by them coming very soon!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X