If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday Lisa

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Lisa

[Happy Birthday Lisa]

Author: Larry (216.44.68.---)

Date: 08-09-02 11:15

Now since it is Lisa's birthday, and she is the president of the HCMA, I think we should all sing "Happy Birthday", followed by a chorus of "Hail to the Chief".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Happy Birthday Lisa]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 08-09-02 12:21

I can't sing, so I'll hum along and yell "LISA" at the appropriate moment in the song. Lisa, I hope you get your birthday cake candle wish. and celebrate!

Happy Birthday, and I'll call you as soon as I can --please re-email me that stuff to [email protected] (sorry).

S

Author: Lynn Perry (---.pica.army.mil)

Date: 08-09-02 12:29

Happy Birthday to my BABY sister......

Author: Mom (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-09-02 12:30

Happy Birthday from Mom. Remember the day well as it was a long time in coming. It set the pattern for your life. Last minute as usual. Your brothers telling your grandparents you were twins seems to have also been a predictor of the future. You could just as well be twins with all you accomplish. Keep up the good work but leave a little time for Lisa.

Love Mom

Author: Larry (216.44.68.---)

Date: 08-09-02 12:44

10 pounds and one once as I remember. Big enough for twins!~

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-09-02 14:25

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!

and thank you twice as much for not mentioning my AGE!

Lisa

Author: Larry (216.44.69.---)

Date: 08-09-02 15:09

You mean 34? -

Author: Larry again (216.44.69.---)

Date: 08-09-02 15:24

my other post was supposed to say "10 pounds and one ounce" by the way. Why is there no edit function on these boards so I can correct spelling errors?!!?!?

Did I mention 34????

Date: 08-09-02 16:27

YOU suck!

Author: Larry (216.44.69.---)

Date: 08-09-02 16:32

Is that any way to talk to your favorite brother???? Hmmmmm???????

And don't worry about the 34 thing, I've got socks older than you! In fact, I'm wearing a pair today.

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 08-10-02 04:19

Lisa

34 is a baby. I'm 33.5 myself. My friend Kathleen has decided to be 28 for the next 5 years.

S

Author: Sharon (---.ph.ph.cox.net)

Date: 08-10-02 16:14

Hey Lisa,

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...okay that's enough singing!

Hope you have a great day and a wonderful year ahead.

Sharon

Author: susan (---.240.OVG.vol.com)

Date: 08-10-02 22:05

happy birthday lisa. and 34 is not old i am only 36 and i think i am still young, now my kids on the other hand think that is just way old. have a great day.

susan

Date: 08-11-02 07:37

Well... I keep telling my daughter I am 19... but at some point my nephew became older than me!

So now I tell her I am 21 (and holding)

lisa

Author: Mary Catania (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-12-02 08:57

Dear Lisa,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

34 is very young to me. I just turned 59. I'm not as energetic as I used to be, and it takes me longer to heal, but I FEEL young in my heart and in my head. I take good care of myself with exercise (at least before last year when I was diagnosed with hcm), take good care of my skin, watch what I eat, keep very busy, and take GREAT care with my clothes and makeup. I'm hoping that, when I see the dr. for my one month check-up after ICD, he'll say that I can at least do some light aerobics and muscle toning. That's a big part of what has kept me in good shape all these years. If he says I can't, then I'll just continue to do all the other things I've been doing.

So, Lisa, just keep your life going the way you have been. You're such a busy person, and that's what will keep you young. I think that boredom and disinterest in all the wonderful things life has to offer are what make us old before our time.

Best wishes,

Mary

Date: 08-14-02 10:29

Mary -

I agree..if I keep as busy as I have been do you think I can reverse the aging process altogether?

I do look forward to 59 myself someday...and hope by then we will have much better treatments...and maybe a way to stop HCM from affecting the next generation.

Thanks for the b-day wishes!

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X