[GOOD NEWS]

Author: Sarah B--Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 08-08-02 05:40

Dear Everyone,

While HCM has it's ups and downs, I thought it would be nice to share some good news around here.

Please post your latest good news that you would like to share with everyone. If you don't have an HCM-related good news, other good news is good, too.

I'll start:

My gastric reflux went away and I've been in rhythm most of the time this year!

Sarah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: GOOD NEWS]

Date: 08-08-02 06:10

(ok, so my good news is not earth-shattering, but I'll be sure to let you all know when I win the lottery, find my soulmate or my heart magically transforms itself into a perfectly normal, healthy one.)

Author: Mary Catania (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-08-02 10:02

Hi Everyone,

My good news: Today is my birthday, I'm 2 weeks and 2 days into life with my ICD, and my husband and I are driving out to Shelter Island (at the end of Long Island in New York) for a special intimate dinner. Life is sweet!

Love you all,

Mary

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 08-08-02 11:07

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy your dinner and have a great time on the Island.

Lisa

Date: 08-08-02 13:00

Hey, Lisa ---where is your good news???

S

Author: Larry (216.44.69.---)

Date: 08-08-02 15:36

Lisa could beat up teddy bears from about the time she was about three years old, which I have always maintained is one of the early life experiances that made her so tough as an adult.

I don't know if this falls into the good news catagory, but I thought it was news worth sharing. Now I only hope that she doesn't mistake me for a teddy bear.

Date: 08-08-02 17:28

thanks Larry for sharing that piece of Lisa history! Good news well...Tomorrow is my birthday! That is why I have be busting Craig for his child to be born tomorrow! I just received a lovely card from Linda Price (thanks Linda!) and my husband is making me a lobster dinner on my b-day!

Now about the Teddy bear my darling big bro failed to tell you how he tormented me by locking me in the laundry room and the only way I could get out was to fight the teddy bear...tell me this could not have lead to years of therapy.

hows that for good news,

lisa

Author: Ada (---.netcarrier.net)

Date: 08-08-02 21:12

I have some good news! Before I went in for my myectomy, I was in a job that I loved but that was funded by a grant that would only last another six months. While I was out on disability recovering from the surgery, I was promoted into a position that I was really interested in, that pays better, and that is permanent. This isn't really heart related, but it certainly took a burden off of my heart. Now, I'm back to work in a job that I love, and I can really enjoy it because I feel great.

Date: 08-09-02 09:41

Ada,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck in your new position!

Lisa

Date: 08-09-02 12:38

Getting a good job that you love is VERY heart related ---Congratulations!

Sarah

Author: Nancy Sarvis (---.access.naxs.com)

Date: 08-09-02 22:23

My good news is that my HMO approved for me to see Dr. Lever 3 days before it even went into effect!!!! We'll be travelling from Tennessee to Cleveland in early Sept. God is good!!

Date: 08-10-02 04:17

HOOOOORRRRAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Author: Dawn (---.cl.ri.cox.net)

Date: 08-10-02 16:17

My good news--

My mom has hcm and was told she had to have a myectomy. She freaked out and said she wouldn't have the surgery. Good news---she's scheduled for Aug 22nd! Right now it's a lot of work to keep her calm--but we're almost there!!

My other good news--summer break is almost over!!! Back to school is Aug 28th. Too much fighting this summer between my daug-13 and son-10. I love them dearly but it's been a loooong summer.

Keep Smiling!

Dawn

Author: Sharon (---.ph.ph.cox.net)

Date: 08-10-02 16:20

I just got confirmation that one of the high school kids from our Phoenix Heart Screening event (May 18th) has a confirmed diagnosis of HCM. His family is very appreciative and I am very honored to have instrumented the heart screening that saved his life!

Thanks go to Lisa and all the HCMA people for their support and encouragement through our heart screening(s). Next scheduled event, September 29th, at Kansas State Univeristy, Manhattan, KS. We hope to bring more iof the local high school kids into our event. Prayers, support and volunteers are welcome.

Sharon Bates

Date: 08-10-02 17:46

Dear Dawn and SHaron....

Hooray to both of you!! My family is in Shawnee Mission, KS, Sharon --is that near Manhattan?

S

Author: Linda (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 08-10-02 19:15

Way to go, Sharon! Thanks for sharing the info. Linda

Date: 08-10-02 20:35

Sharon.

Great NEWS!!

Lets keep these screenings running! We could use some help guys...hint hint

Lisa

Author: susan (---.240.OVG.vol.com)

Date: 08-10-02 22:16

my good news is that i had my pacemaker taken out and my icd put in on july 31st. i feel alot better knowing the little sucker is in there. also my kids started school august 5 and i am one happy camper. wooohooo

Author: Sharon (---.ph.ph.cox.net)

Date: 08-11-02 02:19

Manhattan, KS is two hours dirctly west of Kansas City, MO airport. So, I suppose in rural KS terms, Shawnee Mission is close to Manhattan, KS.

Close enough for a Sunday drive, perhaps.

Date: 08-11-02 12:35

Dear Sharon

My aunt in SM has HCM, as does her son and grandson, so if you send me your contract info, I'll forward them on to her if you like. Maybe you can talk her into helping you with the screening even though she is far away. I'm such a good niece, aren't I? ; )

S

Author: Ralph K. (---.s142.tnt1.annp.md.dialup.rcn.com)

Date: 08-13-02 08:22

My pregnant 31 year old daughter just went to the cardiologist yesterday and was found to be free of HCM. I am one happy and grateful man!!

Date: 08-13-02 12:14

Dear Ralph

WOOOOHOOOOO! Good your you, her, and the baby. Good luck with the grandkid.

(but don't forget that just to be super-duper safe, daughter should get retested every 5 years) but don't let that rain on the parade of today!!!

take care

Sarah