Author: Connie (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-04-02 21:38

THANKS EVERYONE.for the encouragement..........can any one tell me if there is any specialist in, near, around charleston S.C. ?? I have relatives who live there. I believe there is a teaching hospital around there some where?

Some one ask where I lived......way down here in southern Alabama, 20 miles from the fla state line. Maybe there is one in Fla or georgia....im only 4 hours from Atlanta Ga. There is a pretty big hospital there. I have to do somthing quickly...I feel so tired all the time. and my chest flutters and aches most days. In Birmingham Ala there is a big hospital....U.A.B.. Any information would be appreciated............................Connie


[Re: THANKS...]

Author: Board Moderator: Sarah Beckley (---.dialup.mindspring.com)

Date: 08-04-02 22:21

Dear Connie

Please call the office at 973-983-7429 to talk to Lisa and she can help you find someone who will best suit your needs/restrictions.

take care



[Re: THANKS...]

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 08-05-02 13:20


I have no idea whether or not there is an HCM specialist in Charleston, but I would think so. It is a large medical university. (Medical University of South Carolina - MUSC) Lisa can help with that. I do know they have good doctors there. Please find out if any are specialists.

Good luck.



[Re: THANKS...]

Author: rhonda (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-09-02 19:11


I also live in alabama, my son and i both have hcm. U.A.B is where we are treated

and checked each year and we have been pleased and the course of treatment has

basically followed that of all that i've read about the dx.

my son was treated by dr ed colvin (pediatric cardiology) and now, dr neil kay at kirklin clinic that is affiliated w/uab.

Idid make a trip to nyc to see dr mark sherrid and he agreed w/ mine and my son's treatment.

although not considered hcm specialist, they are very thorough and very educated

in the treatment of this disease

good luck and let me know what you decide.