[specialist in st louis area]

Author: kathy (---.union.fidnet.com)

Date: 08-01-02 17:50


I've just been diagnosed HCM. Just wondering if a specialist is really needed and would like to know if you have any suggestions for the St. Louis area?

Thanks so much!



[Re: specialist in st louis area]

Author: TM (---.famvid.com)

Date: 08-01-02 18:32


I see Dr. Keith Mankowitz with the Heart Care Institute. He is the Director of their hypertrophic cardiomyopathy clinic. His office is behind Barnes-Jewish West County off of Olive. I have been under his care for just over a year and I highly recommend him and his staff. I was just there yesterday, in fact.

Lisa may back me up here, but I know she's heard good things about him as well.

Good luck to you-



[Re: specialist in st louis area]

Author: Sarah B-Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 08-01-02 18:40

Dear Kathy,

It is very, very important to see an HCM specialist since this is a very misunderstood disease and many general cardiologists are not familiar with the new research and treatments for it.

The official policy of the board is to talk with people directly and discuss their needs to that we match them with the appropriate referral, not necessarily the closest one (unless that is the right one). So please call the office at 973-983-7429 to get more information on HCM specialists.

take care