If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good News :)

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mtlieb Find out more about mtlieb
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News :)

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd share some good news with all of you today!

It was exactly five years ago today on July 29, 2000 that I was diagnosed with Stage II kidney cancer and had a radical nephrectomy. This being my five-year anniversary, I met with my doctor for my FINAL cancer check-up this morning. All of my tests look great... and I have officially been declared (say it with me folks):

CANCER-FREE

WOO HOO!!!

Doin' the happy dance... shakin' my pants...

Good times ahead

Jim
    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

CONGRATULATIONS! It's nice to hear some good news for once!
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

If time flies when you're having fun, will I age faster at Disneyland? -- Joel Perry

Comment

Jim,

That is so d**n AWESOME!! Congratulations!
      John

41 years old. Diagnosed with HOCM in Feb 2005. Myectomy at Mayo on June 8, 2005

Comment

HOORAY JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Daughter of Father with HCM
        Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
        Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
        ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
        Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Jim, I am so happy for you. It is time to go out and have a party till the cows come home. Or till you get ready to go home.

Have a good rest of your life.
          Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Great news Jim!!!!

Kelly
            Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.

Comment

Yahoo!!!

Reenie
              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

WELL JIM

WHAT GREAT NEWS YOU ONE OF THE LUCKY ONE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley
                Diagnosed 2003
                Myectomy 2-23-2004
                Husband: Ken
                Son: John diagnosed 2004
                Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

AWSOME!

That is very cool. Cancer has touched my life (not me personally) in several ways. It is great news when anyone can become a cancer survivor. Congratulations!!!!

Doug
                  NEMC's (Boston) First Myectomy 7-22-2003

Comment

Jim

Not too many people have experience so many health problems as you have in your lifetime. It's about time you got good news.

NOW CELEBRATE
                    Esther

Comment

Wooooooooohooooooooo!!!!!

I am happy dancin'

Hugs,
                      Eve
                      49 yrs. old
                      Diagnosed at 31.
                      Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                      First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                      Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                      Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                      My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                      2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

JIM THATS AWESOME NEWS! Im of the believe that cancer is from the devil and Im glad that yours was sent right back to the pit of ****!Thank God!Im also glad you have been doing the cycling.I unfortunately have not been keepimg up with my activities of late and I dont feel as good as when Im moderately active.thank you for sharing your good report.take care mike
                        One day at a time.

Comment

Jim.

I am very happy for you!

Leon
                          God Squad co-moderator
                          Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Hey Jim!!

This is FANTASTIC news! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! Congratulations and best wishes always!

L
                            Lynn Stewart
                            HOCM 4/2002
                            Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Jim,

Dittos to all the above.

Stuart & Barbara
                              Cleveland Myectomy Club
                              August 31, 2004

Comment

Working...