If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardioversion

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

caroline_f2002 Find out more about caroline_f2002
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardioversion

I am having a cardioversion done. Have any of you had this done? Have you felt them shock you? I am scared but also looking for to it so that I can feel better. Would like to hear your experiences. Feel free to Yahoo IM me at caroline_f2002 or email at [email protected]

Caroline, 30s female

Hi Caroline:

Do not worry (at least too much...). Electric cardioversion is a very safe and standart procedure. The doctor will put you under full anesthesia (for a few minutes) and you will not feel anything. Afterward you'll might have a very slight burn in your chest in the place where they have put the paddles.

I have had about 6 electric cardioversions done. Please post or email me ([email protected]) if you have questions.

Just a question. Do you have atrial fibrillation (or flutter)? For how long?

Fausto

Comment

Caroline.

I trust all will go well with your cardioversion. We will pray for you. Keep us posted.

Peace,

Leon

Comment

Caroline
        Wishing you the best and we will pray for you
        John & Connie

Comment

Caroline,
          If you go to the search section and type in cardioversion you will find a lot of information that others have shared about their experiences with this procedure. I'm praying that this will be a success and you start to feel better soon. Take good care of yourself and let us know how this turns out for you.

Sincerely,
          Joyce
          \"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.\"
          Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Caroline - Welcome. Best wishes with your cardioversion. You've come to the right place for information and support to help you through. Have you had a chance to call Lisa? The number for the HCMA office is at the bottom of the page. Please keep us posted. Linda

Comment

I emailed Caroline directly but wanted to post this for posterity:

you won't have any memory of the cardioversion as they sedate you heavily and while you aren't actually under full anethesia, it will seem that way.

the burns like a bad sunburn on your chest will be the worst part.

s

Comment

Normal Sinus

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to write a quick note to say I had the cardioversion on Friday and am in normal sinus rhythm. They said my heart was stubborn and it took a few shocks and higher joules. I had a conscious sedation and saw what they were doing but didn't feel any pain. It really wasn't as bad as I thought. I would have it again for sure. I will write again soon. Have a few things to this morning.

Thanks for all of your support.

Caroline

Comment

Caroline, I'm glad to hear things went pretty well for you! Linda

Comment

Hi Caroline

I'm glad that the procedure was good. I believe it is the "unknown" that we fear.

Hope you continue in sinus rhythm.

Take care
                    Esther

Comment

So glad to hear you are back in rhythm! Now stay there!!.. Continue to feel well.

Pam
                      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                      X