If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spreading the word

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spreading the word

[spreading the word]

Author: Dawn (---.cl.ri.cox.net)

Date: 07-25-02 04:25

Good Morning,

And one more GP has an increased understanding of hcm. I ran into my gp at work (I work at a hosp) and took some time to explain some of the details of hcm that he had wrong. Most important, for me, he now agrees with me that my kids need an echo even with my echo being normal. He did not know that it looks like hcm can 'skip' a generation. I also used a little guilt---"and how would you feel if my kids did have it and had problems, even sudden death..." He agrees that it's better to be safe than sorry.

So, one more doc who understands a little more than before, thanks to HCMA and this web site!!

Kuddos to all!!

Dawn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: spreading the word]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 07-25-02 21:29

NICE JOB DAWN!

Lets all get them 1 by 1!

EVERYONE will soon know what HCM is and how to protect themselves!

Lisa

Author: Brenda (---.external.lmco.com)

Date: 08-01-02 16:38

Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I have hcm (IHSS) and was diagnosed in 1981. I have been on and off of medication several different times. I have two children and had them both checked as infants and plan on having them checked again now that one is a pre-teen and one is a teen.

I have been reading some of the traffic and it seems that a lot of people believe this disease skips a generation. This is not true and I am that statistic. My father has the disease and so do I so in our case it did not skip a generation.

Author: Dora (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-01-02 22:47

Hi Brenda,

I don't think people think it skips a generation in general, but there is a possibility that it can. MCH is a crazy disease because it can be so different for everyone yet.

Dora

[infant death- HCM]

Author: shelva (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 08-20-02 20:07

Hi. I am very new to this subject. I had a baby on 8/8 and he had left ventricle hypertrophy. The doc wanted to see him back in a month to make a determination to what the exact diagnosis was. At 8 days old, my precious, beautiful, healthy looking son died of massive heart failure. Post-mortem, he has been diagnosed with Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I am now beginning to try to gather information on the subject and havent even scratched the surface yet. Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X