[St.Luke's- Roosevelt Hosp.]

Author: Joyce (---.suffolk.lib.ny.us)

Date: 07-21-02 22:37

Has anyone had any experience with the HCM program at St Luke's in NYC? I am thinking of going there for a consultation as I have been diagnosed with HCM by my local cardiologist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: St.Luke's- Roosevelt Hosp.]

Author: Sarah B-Board Moderator (---.ipt.aol.com)

Date: 07-22-02 01:02

Dear Joyce

I recommend calling Lisa directly on this at 973-983-7429.

Take care,

Sarah

Author: karen (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 07-22-02 08:31

My husband has an appt in August with Dr. Sherrid at St. Lukes. Though we've never been to that hospital before, we've heard him speak at the HCMA annual meetings & liked what we saw & heard. I don't know anything about the HCM program though.

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 07-22-02 10:06

St. Lukes runs a fairly large HCM clinic and has a good reputation. Beyond that I as a practice to not comment on individual centers on the message board nor give contact information. For further information please feel free to call the office at 973-983-7429.

Best to all,

Lisa

Author: Steven Bradley (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 07-22-02 14:26

I have seen Mark Sherrid at St Lukes. Good Doctor.

Author: Bob (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 07-23-02 18:03

Hi Joyce,

I have been seen by Dr. Sherrid several times and am impressed with both his knowledge and patient rapor. I also had an ICD implanted at St. Luke's and was very satisfied with the care I received there. If you Search on Bob on this board you will find other postings of mine on this subject. You're also welcome to e-mail me if you prefer.

Good Luck,

Bob