If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 year old ~ heart problems ~ family need assistance

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Brown Team Find out more about Brown Team
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 year old ~ heart problems ~ family need assistance

Hi there everyone!

I guess in my hurried confused state, I guess I might have listed my post in an area where most of you couldn't reply ~ OOPS!

Anyway ...

Some very dear friends are dealing with some issues with their 2 year old nephew ... he is in Utah ... and although he has not been diagnosed with HCM, as of this morning, I heard that the doctors believe their is hypertrophy on one of the walls of the boy's heart and during surgery they plan to thin it ...

key words appear to be: subaortic membranes, aortic regurgitation grade of 1, His pressure is up to 130 (not sure if this is blood pressure or within the heart? was told this is supposed 80 to 90) ... i am hearing that the valve is damaged because of the regurgitation?

when the boy was a baby, he had RSV ... he also uses a nebulizer and things ...

can anyone be of any assistance? referrals for doctors maybe even in the utah area, in state would be nice as the family is concerned out of state may not be covered by insurance ...

i know this isn't HCM, but this is a family who is searching and needing of some support and encouragement ~ anything and everything will be so greatly appreciated!

hope everyone is enjoying spring (that is finally possibly going to arrive here in the chilly northeast) ...

THANK YOU!!!
    mechelle
    \"Find rest, O my sould, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.\" Psalm 62:5-6

Mechelle, Please give Lisa a call or even better, can you have the baby's family call her? She may be able to help out with some portion of info. In the meantime, the little one and family will be in my prayers. Linda

Comment

thank you

i will pass it along for them to call lisa ... maybe lisa will even be able to give info about a cardiologist for them to turn too ...

thanks!
      \"Find rest, O my sould, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.\" Psalm 62:5-6

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X