[Waiting game help]

Author: Jerry Salzman (---.indy.rr.com)

Date: 07-18-02 09:34

Hi All,

I still have 3 weeks to go until my consult in Cleveland. My symptoms are still very much around and working is difficult. I am very lucky to have a job with the available leave and understanding. Depression is a major factor here as well. I admit I am real scarred. The docs did prescibe Xanax but I do not like the feeling it left me with. There is no way I could work with it. Anyone have any ideas to help coping until this is resovled?

Thanks

Jerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Waiting game help]

Author: susan (---.151.OVG.vol.com)

Date: 07-18-02 10:55

jerry,

the one thing that helped me out was that i had my mother right there with me. i would break down crying and she would tell me it was all going to be ok. if i had really bad chest pain she would sit beside me and tell me how much she loved and hold my hand, tell me how wonderful and strong i was. she could talk me out of my depression, she is just the most wonderful thing in the world. having the support of family and friends really helps alot.

i have had the ablation, i was actually really excited to have it done. i just thought about how great i would feel after it was done, thats what kept me going. now i

am getting an ICD implanted this month and i am a little scared, but i am dealing with it. i know i will feel more secure once i have it.

good luck jerry, i hope i helped a little bit.

susan

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 07-18-02 12:52

Susan,

Thanks for your supportive words to Jerry - happy to see you today on the message board!

Lisa

Author: Jerry Salzman (---.indy.rr.com)

Date: 07-18-02 19:30

Susan,

Actually the ICD is nothing. I had no porblems. I really forget that I have it.

Jerry