If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to ask a simple question, I plan on asking this this morning to dr. brush but could someone tell me how i can reduce this sweating, i can't do anything without sweating and to top it all off i became allergic to the Niaspan the doc has me on after two months ago, i woke up this morning on fire my body was soooo hot and now i have a rash and swelling from it , needless to say i 'm not taking any more of that stuff and i'm calling doctor Ciccone today

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Shirley,
    I just read your post...did you see your doctor today? Was the sweating from the allergic reaction to the medication? Hope you are doing better...
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Cynthia

My sweating is due to my heart working soooo hard doc said it was very stiff and when i'm walking my body thinks i'm running if that makes any sence I have been sweating now for about 3 years like this i mean to the point within a few minutes my hair is soaked, the allergy was to the Niaspan and he discontinued it and put me on 50 mg of zoccor, i still have the rash from it but i do feel better

Shirley

Cynthia thanks for asking
      Diagnosed 2003
      Myectomy 2-23-2004

Comment

Shirley ,

Sorry I did not see this thread. I too have the sweating , more pronounced with certain activities. Light sweating with some day to day toils but some days heavier then others. Now , put me in the market and there you will see a drenched rat!! Starts at my head and flows like a waterfall. At the checkout , I am dabbing my face non stop and huffing, puffing away. I have always attributed it to the same as your doc says. My heart fortunately still assimilates to some light activity , but never gets conditioned to events that a normal heart would see as a walk in the park. It is my meter to back off at a certain time or I will unfortunately be consistantly rewarded with having to do penacnce to gain stability back. You know what i mean?

Pam
        Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
        Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
        Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
        SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
        [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
        Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
        Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
        Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Shirley & Pam

I also sweat profusly, but never related it to HCM, just thought it was another issue I had! I guess I'm too accepting of all my symptoms & just -I don't know what! I sleep with the ceiling fan on (my sweet husband sleeps in sweats, year round) & always dress in layers-as I strip down where ever I go!
          I feel better about this now-thanx!
          RONNIE

Comment

Ihave sweat so bad today trying to do laundry and alot of phone work trying to get a hospital bed for my dad and a walker he is not doing so well and you know he said he use to sweat really bad too and he was just diagnosed a week ago with HCM at the age of 88 and i think he had it back when he used to sweat, i mean the slightest thing would make him sweat, but now he doesn't sweat anymore unless it is really hot, everyone take care

Shirley
            Diagnosed 2003
            Myectomy 2-23-2004

Comment

I have always sweated alot and been very uncomfortable in the heat as well. Since I have been on Norpace, it has been so great, I barely sweat at all. The side effects of Norpace are anti-cholinergic which means that you sweat less, have dry mouth, trouble peeing, etc.

In the last month, as I have adjusted, I barely have the dry mouth, have adjusted to the peeing, and I barely every sweat. It is the only good side effect I have ever had from a medicine!

When I exercised, I used to be drenched from head to toe. Now, I barely need to wipe my face. My hair stays dry, my palms and my feet are dry.

When I had my ICD replaced, as my incision is under my arm, I was afraid to wear deoderant for a month or so. When I had the ICD placed this was horrible, but this time it was no problem at all.

Just thought I would post a positive comment about some HCM related thing.
              Daughter of Father with HCM
              Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
              Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
              ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
              Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X