If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew's Condition

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

ajesaitis Find out more about ajesaitis
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew's Condition

Hi Lisa (et all),

I'm Matthew Jesaitis's brother and just wanted to give everyone an update on his condition.

He's currently at Jackson Memorial in Miami because about a month ago he was having problems with the water gain and needed immediate care. During his stay he also suffered from a perforated ulcer which sent him into surgery to clean and repair the condition. He believes it to be caused from the medications not metabolizing properly. While in surgery they discovered that his liver was also cirrhotic. Needless to say this wasn't doing much for his spirits, now besides having the heart transplant he now also needs a liver.

But to make matters worse during the testing from the transplant team this week they also felt that his pulmonary arteries wouldn't hold up to the stress of the new heart and that he would also need a lung transplant (along with the liver and heart). I'm just telling you all of this because I know how much this site and you people all mean to him and I want you all to help me pray for him.

He's very depressed right now (and rightfully so) but through the majority of this ordeal he has been his usual funny, strong self. I know that its out of our hands and in God's and that's why I ask for all your prayers.

For anyone wanting to send a note he's on the West Wing/6th floor of the Diagnostic Treatment Center at Jackson Memorial. The little things right now do a lot to brighten his day.

Thank you all for your support of him and all those that also suffer from this condition. My thoughts and prayers are also with you.

Andrew
    ajesaitis

Hi Andrew. Thank you for the update. Matt will certainly be in my prayers. I hope he can continue to see a silver lining and keep his sense of humor as much as possible. It will make the waiting easier to take. If you can PM me an address I'd be glad to send him a card.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hi Andrew

I'm sorry to hear that Matt has been through the washer. With all the complications he has had, he has to be a strong person.

Matt will certainly be included in my prayers.

If you would post the complete address, I would be happy to send Matt a card. The days can be very long while being hospitalized, getting cards may break up the days and lift his spirits.

Take care and please keep us updated.
      Esther

Comment

Matt's Address

If anyone is interested in dropping Matt a note to let him know you're thinking of him I know it would do a lot to boost his spirits. The address is:

Matthew Jesaitis
        c/o Jackson Memorial Hospital
        Diagnostic Treatment Center
        West Wing/ Room 607
        1611 NW 12th Street
        Miami, FL 33136-1094

Again thanks to everyone for thinking of him and praying for him.

Andrew
        ajesaitis

Comment

Andrew thank you for the update on your brother Matt and thanks for the address, I will drop a card in the mail box

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Thanks for the update Andrew.

We will join in your prayers on behalf of your brother. Please convey our best to him.

Peace,

Leon
            God Squad co-moderator
            Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Andrew, Our prayers are with Matthew and your whole family as you face all these challenges. I think Matthew will be receiving quite a few cards. Linda

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I am so sorry to hear of Matthew's health problems. I am praying for him and I hope that things get better.

Matthew will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Eve
                49 yrs. old
                Diagnosed at 31.
                Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Hi Andrew,
                  Thank you for the update on Matthew! My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery. Please let him know that he is loved by so many on the HCMA message board, including me!

Blessings to you and all of your family,
                  Sharon Bates

Comment

Matt, is such a great guy!

He was my first real person that I ever met that also has HCM. What a great first impression he gave for me. I will buy a card tomorrow and have it sent.

I hope all goes well for him!

Mary S.

Comment

I want to thank you all for all your prayers and support. I think its beginning to work because the scare Matthew had with having to have a lung transplant are unfounded.

We don't understand and no one can really get a good answer why the doctor said what he did but as of today he still needs just the heart and liver transplant (as if thats a minor thing). His spirits are up and he is feeling a lot better because the water weight is dropping and there is hope in sight for him leaving the hospital.

Matt has looked at this and realized that the problems he had were meant to be. It was the only way they discovered the liver problem, which is a lot better to know now then when they are in the middle of a heart transplant and see a problem then, and its a lot better because the medication has been changed for the better to help him with the bloating while also keeping him in a better classification for a transplant.

He's also now starting to make plans for when the transplant is done and he's rehabilitated and I know thats something that is keeping him going also.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and cards. I'm sure that when he's finally home again (maybe a few weeks time) he'll be in contact.

Andrew
                      ajesaitis

Comment

matthew Im praying that your feeling better and out of the hospital as fast as possible take care mike
                        One day at a time.

Comment

I'm glad to hear he's doing better. Tell him we're still thinking about him.

Reenie
                          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

I just spoke to Matt - He sounds good. Matt is a really nice guy and my thoughts and prayers are with him that he recieves a new heart very soon.

Best to all,
                            Lisa
                            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                            Currently not obstructed
                            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Please remember my brother Matt

Lisa, Renee and all of my brother Matthews HCMA friends,

There is no easy way to say this except to tell you all that Matthew passed away on Memorial Day. I'm finding this extremely difficult to do but felt that as freinds of his you deserve to know. He had my mother and sister at his bedside and they said he went peacefully, and myself and his kids got a chance to tell him over the phone how much we loved him.

If anyone woould care to send my mother and sister a card I will enclose their address. They were the ones that took care of him when he had his worst days and it was my sister who ended up caring for him when he couldn't do it for himself.

Betsy & Donna Jesaitis
                              9104 Lazy Oak Court
                              Clermont, FL 34711

Thank you all for being the ears, voice and support that we couldn't provide to him. I know he appreciated it.

Andrew
                              ajesaitis

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X