If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lynn Perry Find out more about Lynn Perry
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts?

Here are some thoughts that I ask you all to consider:

1. What would of happened to you and/or your family if the HCMA was not there to help direct you to the HCM medical experts?

2. How many lives do you think the HCMA has helped to save to-date?

3. What have you done to help make sure the HCMA can be there for you and your family in the future?

4. If you can't afford to help with direct financial contributions, what can you do to help in non-financial manners?

Ok, the last question I will answer for you...you all know where I am going with this. Do you know how hard it is to come up with Subject lines that will grab your attention enough to open up and read my e-mails!!!! I know you all know that 90% of my post relate to the golf outing. I know you all get tired of me nagging for donation. Believe me when I say that I HATE nagging for donations. But if that's what it takes to keep the doors to the HCMA open, then I will keep nagging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our annual golf outing is June 6th. Donations are very slow in coming this year so we need the help of all our members to make this a successful event. Remember that the net proceeds from this event go directly to support the operating cost of the HCMA.

PLEASE help by soliciting donations of small give-aways, larger raffle items, sponsors, golfers, etc. Remember it doesn't have to cost you anything. Ask your local businesses, friends, family members, employers, etc.

Thanks,
    Lynn Perry

Hey guys,
    I expect you’ve all heard the expression, ‘Give ‘til it hurts’ until that expression has lost all real meaning. Let’s not give ‘til it hurts – let’s give until it doesn’t hurt anymore.

I think Lynn came up with a great idea, and that is getting donations from others that can be used for the golf outing and/or raffle. I’d like to add just a little bit to that idea if I may.

How about going to the local chain restaurants in your area and asking for ‘dinner for two [or four]’ coupons to be awarded or raffled off. Many stores will comply (it is a tax write-off for them – plus advertising.) It will only cost you the price of a postage stamp to send it in. This can be done with national food stores also – like a $25.00 gift certificate being donated – or something like that.

There is a whole lot of brain power out there with you folks. I’m sure you can come up with some idea which will help support the HCMA while not breaking your budget. (Speaking of Budget – how about hitting up a car rental agency for a free week-end or mid-week or even a whole week rental? Sure would come in handy when your own car is being serviced, or you are on vacation.) How about national chain hotels – free rooms? Heck folks we can do a lot for the organization that has done so much for us without having to bend ourselves out of shape. Time is precious though, as some of these businesses have to clear it with their headquarters first, so let’s get with it.

You are the kind of people I love to consider my friends. Let’s go do it for Lisa and the HCMA.
    Burt

Comment

Anyone who would like to solicit businesses in their area, I can provide you with a copy of our solicitation letter which includes all the necessary information that they need for their tax records and/or corporate offices.

Any donations would be appreciated.

Just to give you an idea of what we give away, etc. We have a table in which we spread out door prizes and we make sure we have a door prize for each golfer who attends. This way, everyone walks out with something. We then also have raffles--these include larger items that have been donated--i.e. free golf for four at local courses; golf clubs; dvd players; digital cameras; Disneyworld tickets; boxed DVD sets; hotel weekends; time share weeks; items that are attractive to golfers and non-golfers.

Be imaginative.

If you are unsure or have any questions, please call me at the office.

Thank you for all your help.

Kelly
      Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.

Comment

hi kelly I will take one of those solicitation letters.I can make copys thanks mike
        One day at a time.

Comment

Just want to remind everyone that you can find copies of the brochure on the web site. Go back to the home page and click on the hyperlink for the meeting. When you to the next page it will give you the option of opening up a pdf copy of the meeting brochure or the golf brochure.

The letter the Kelly can send you is the letter that we send out to prospective sponsors and donors that we send along with a copy of the brochure. If you want to hand out the letter, it makes sense to also hand out copies of the brochure with the letter since all the specific information about the golf outing and sponsorship options are on the brochure.

Thanks for all who are helping.

Thanks,
          Lynn

Comment

Any ideas?

I want to help with the golf outing but I am not sure what I can send or do best here in Georgia. I am part owner in a mail order nursery business and we specialize in fruit, nuts and berries. Most of our plants though are mainly for the southeast and we have just stopped shipping. How about a monetary contribution from my business. Would $100 help or should I buy something you can give away or should I purchase gift certificates that are everywhere? Just let me know what things you would prefer. This forum has meant so much to me and my son. I want to do all I can to help! Thanks so much and let me know! Janet
            My son James, Age 18, diagnosed in January, 05. AICD - 4/5/05 at Tufts NEMC. Myectomy -1/25/06 at NEMC. Currently having heart failure issues. James' father and uncle both have HCM and AICDs. James dad, Carlton, had Myectomy at Cleveland on 4/10/06. James Medtronic recalled lead fractured 5/26/11. Had Biventricular Cardiac Resynchronization AICD put in on 6/3/11 Emory Midtown.

Comment

A $100 sponsorship is great. So are the gift certificates you mentioned.

Thanks for your help,
              Lynn

Comment

Working...
              X