If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 4 yr old granddaughter

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 4 yr old granddaughter

Please say a prayer for my granddaughter she got hit in the head by a driver from my husbands golf clubs about an hour ago my daughter took her straight to the hospital it swelled up 4 times the size and i told her to take her now, it looked like it broke her cheek bone and i'm worried about her eye it is very close to it

I will let you you know what i know as my daughter calls me

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Shirley.

I will pray for your grandaughter.

Peace,

Leon
    God Squad co-moderator
    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Shirley, We will be praying for your grandaughter. I hope by now you have some good reports. Linda

Comment

I am praying for her Shirley.

Please let us know how she is doing as soon as you can.
        49 yrs. old
        Diagnosed at 31.
        Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
        First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
        Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
        Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
        My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
        2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

My prayers are with you for comfort, your granddaughter for healing, and for your daughter & family for comfort and peace. Everyone in the family will have my prayers for a speedy recovery and miracles to help the little one through this experience.

Please keep us updated on her progress and I hope she is feeling better soon.

Blessings on this Easter day!
          Sharon

Comment

ok they are back and she is going to be ok thank goodness, they did a CT Scan and no broken bones so this grandma can rest now thank you everyone for the prayers and i'm going out and buying plastic golf clubs tomorrow for the kids

Shirley
            Diagnosed 2003
            Myectomy 2-23-2004
            Husband: Ken
            Son: John diagnosed 2004
            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Hi Shirley,
              And you thought it was years on this earth that made us old, didn’t you? It’s the progeny that will do it to you every time.

My daughter was a breeze to raise except for the celiac syndromes and having to tie her down and force feed her food that took about six hours to prepare. My son, well my son on the other hand was a trial. I remember him climbing over the railing on his crib and taking a header into his dresser – with big drawer handles that cut open his eyebrow. Ding, ding – we were ten years older. Then there was the time he slipped going out our front door and cut open his knee – good for ten stitches. Ding, ding – yet another ten years. Then the day he had the stitches removed he went out to play, fell and broke open the wound. Ding, ding twelve stitches and a leg cast – and yet another ten years onto our age. We put on thirty years and he was still only five.

The grandkids were another story, but suffice it to say we are now over a hundred and fifty years old – and still counting.

Glad to hear it wasn’t a broken bone. Ice will bring down the swelling and she will again be a trial in no time at all. What your going to say to the Social Service Investigator when she asks how it happened is another story altogether. Hit by a golf club? Well, not hardly.
              Burt

Comment

You had my prayers. Thanks for the good news...
                " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

I'm glad there was good news Shirley. What a relief.
                  49 yrs. old
                  Diagnosed at 31.
                  Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                  First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                  Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                  Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                  My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                  2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Working...
                  X