If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coreg/carvedilol

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coreg/carvedilol

[coreg/carvedilol]

Author: Chuck (---.WLDF.splitrock.net)

Date: 07-10-02 13:17

I have HCM and am on 32 mg of coreg daily. I have not seen anyone mention this drug. Is there anyone on this and if so how is it working?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: coreg/carvedilol]

Author: Laura (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 07-10-02 19:02

Hi,

Coreg is the only drug that works for me. I was on a lot of the other drugs, they either made me feel like I was having heart attacks or I was so tired it was hard to function.

I take 50mg daily. It is the best I have felt in four years.

Author: Marta (---.rasserver.net)

Date: 07-10-02 21:40

Hi Laura,

Was Toprol one of your past drugs that you took. My husband has been orginially taking 50mg, now since his ICD implant they upped it to 100mg. He also finds it extremely hard to function from the time he wakes up to the time his head hits the pillow again. Maybe it's coincidental but it got worse when he upped the mg's.

Sorry Chuck, never heard of it.

Author: Sarah B-Board Moderator (---.tnt3.chiega.da.uu.net)

Date: 07-10-02 22:58

Hi

Coreg is one of the newer ones and it is mostly used for heart failure patients. I hated Toprol (metoprolol) myself and enjoy Corgard much more.

When it comes to beta-blockers, it is simply a matter of what works best for you.

Sarah

Date: 07-11-02 16:35

Yes I was on metroprolol. I had terrible chest pain. I tried cardizem and Norpace and Altenol (sorry about spelling errors).

Cardizem is the best so far for me.

Author: Sarah B-Board Moderator (---.tnt3.chiega.da.uu.net)

Date: 07-11-02 23:44

See? Cardizem almost killed me (well, made me totally useless and sent me to the hospital a couple times) ---that is how different every one is with HCM.

S

Date: 07-11-02 23:59

I am so stupid sometimes....

I did not mean Cardizem, I meant Coreg. Cardizem made me like a Zombie...So sorry I do not know why I made that mistake.

COREG HAS BEEN THE BEST SO FAR!!!!!!!!

Author: Sarah B-Board Moderator (---.tnt37.chi5.da.uu.net)

Date: 07-12-02 03:59

Not so surprising since so many of the drugs sound so alike. The problem is that so many are so similar and doctor's handwriting can be hard to read, that sometimes pharmacy orders get filled incorrectly. Always check what the pharmacy hands you before you walk away. I read that the FDA was trying to do something about drug names to prevent too many sound-alikes in the future.I know I've had my pharmacy think that squiggles are doses and they act accordingly-instead of checking with the doctor.

Author: Midge Rollins (---.obmo.socket.net)

Date: 07-15-02 14:14

Chuck, have not heard from you in ages. Email me, I tried to email you earlier and it came back. Midge

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 07-15-02 20:53

Hey Chuck,

Coreg is not common to be used as it is an Alph/Beta adrenergic blocker. It is oftern used in those with mild to moderate heart failure, normally cardiomyopathies, however not often HCM due to the fact that many with HCM have high ejection fractions.

Also it is often used with digitalis and diuretics, items used only in few with HCM as a combination.

I know many who are taking it and are feeling well.

All the Best!

Lisa

ps how is Holly?
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X