If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1044 Registered Users....

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lynn Perry Find out more about Lynn Perry
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1044 Registered Users....

We currently have 1044 Registered Users on the HCMA web site. Just think if just 10% of those registered Users sent in some form of donation for the HCMA Golf Outing......

Airline Miles

Lynn,

Like many others here on the board i'm a bit cash-poor right now, but trust me when i say that i have been thinking of ways to help you out. Is the HCMA able to accept donations of airline miles? Many non-profit organizations can do this now, but i'm not sure if you are setup to accept these.

For instance, i have earned a free ticket with Northwest Airlines that i don't plan to use anytime soon. I would be more than happy to donate these miles to the HCMA if it all possible. You would receive either a monetary disbursement from Northwest Airlines or a free ticket to give away as a prize at the golf outing. Either way, it would be a nice prize for someone to recieve.

Please let me know your thoughts on this matter. I bet there's a whole lot of folks here on the board with airline miles they'd be willing to donate to the HCMA which can be converted into cash prizes or free airfare for persons participating in the golf tournament.

Jim
    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Air miles can be donated to the HCMA! Contact the Office and you can give the details to Kelly - We need to make sure we are set up with the airlines in question.

Donations need not be monitary - think of businesses in your area that may want to donate items to the HCMA - every item helps.

those of you who are crafty - feel free to make items and donate them - we love hand made items!

Hey even if you can not afford a thing - even if you can not find a business willing to donate an item - WRITE A LETTER OF THANKS TO THE GOLFERS we will post them for all to read - tell them how the HCMA has helped YOU!

Thanks,

Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Jim's comments brings up an important point that I hope everyone understands. Even if you don't have money of your own to donate to the HCMA you can still help in other ways. Jim's idea with the frequent flyer miles is just one of many different ideas.

Maybe a local store that you frequent a lot would be willing to donate?

Maybe you or a family member (or friend) work for a company that can donate either money or prizes.

Like Lisa says, maybe we have some crafters among us who can share their crafts with us like Sharon's mom does with the afghan?

I got a message from a member after my last posting that his business is in roasted coffee and was there something he could do along that line. My answer back was "YES", and I gave him some ideas of what he could do to help.

Use your imagination. Let's see how creative you can all be.

Thanks,
        Lynn

Comment

Since posting my message on March 24th when we had 1044 registered users on this message board, the number has gone up to 1081. Just think that is 37 new registered users in one month!!!

To you newbie's, just in case you havn't read all my other post. YES, we can use your help with getting sponsors and donors for the golf outing!!!

Lynn

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X