If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

atrial fibrillation -- milder?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cynthiaG Find out more about cynthiaG
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atrial fibrillation -- milder?

For the past 4 days, I've been having a lot of premature beats. Sometime during the night last night I went into AFIB,...but this time it was a "milder" version...I could feel irratic beats and was short of breath all day.....still am a little. But the weird thing is, it's not beating really fast as before...just out of rhythm...could I still be in AFIB ? have had a dull headache all day too... If it doesn't go back into sinus rhythm, I'm making a call to my doctor
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

atrial flutter

Atrial flutter is what they call it when you have sinus with little runs of afib in it, sorta back and forth like your heart can't make up its mind.

It feels better since you aren't totally in afib but still weird.

Yes, you should call the doctor. I hope it goes back by itself.

S

Comment

Yes Cynthia ,

Please do call the doctor. Remember a-fib can lead to strokes due to the fibrilation of the atria. Do not risk any second quessing when it comes to these concerns for heart health.

Let us know how the call went.

Pam
      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

I'll echo what everyone else says and recommend that you get in to see your doctor. From past experience -- and I'm paying for it -- AF is nothing to trifle with, regardless of how mild you might think it is.
        Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

If time flies when you're having fun, will I age faster at Disneyland? -- Joel Perry

Comment

Just as a follow up, Cynthia did get her cardioversion. We talked by PM and it took a bit to get it all coordinated as VERY important people were at the cardiac conference . We were beginning to think they were missing in action . After numerous calls and no response, finally someone extended her call through to the right person and she was able to get the help she needed

Remember everyone to persist and keep calling to get the job done if something like this happens. Doctors go out of town to conferences , people go on vacation and someone may not be adept at filling in and realizing that someone needs to field your call and call you back asap.

Pam
          Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
          Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
          Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
          SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
          [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
          Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
          Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
          Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X