If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCMA Annual Meeting

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Linda Find out more about Linda
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCMA Annual Meeting

Only 94 days, 4 hours, and 25 minutes until the start of the HCMA Annual Meeting! (June 3-5 2005). (Yes, I copied that from the top of the page.)

I hope to see our largest attendance yet. We're seeing postings from people who are making plans to attend. We're all getting excited and of course, things are extremely busy in New Jersey with preparations. That's where most of the work has to occur. I've been trying to think of ways to help out from a distance.

The HCMA has worked very hard to keep this event in an affordable range for families. I think everyone who has ever attended can attest to that. We're all aware of the financial toll of a chronic medical condition.

I'm hoping that we can do a small fund raiser with a collection of loose change. We all have our little dish of coins around the house, and if everyone brings a handful of change, it will all add up. We'll get a big plastic jug or jar and see just how much we can collect.

Any takers?

While we're at it, let's start thinking about the golf outing. Any donations for prizes? Lynn, it's your turn to give a little more info on this.

Lisa or Kelly, can you think of a few ways for people to help out from a distance? I know people will be willing, they just need to know what is needed.

Linda

Do you have a price yet on the cost of the conference and the hotel rooms? I think a collection is a good idea, and I will start thinking of things I can donate.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

The cost of the conference will be $35.00 and we are still negotiating the cost of the hotel rooms.

The brochure will be available on the website soon.

Kelly
      Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly
        The brochure will be available on the website soon.

Kelly
        Click HERE for the brochure.
        Thanks, Tim
        Forum Administrator

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Sounds like raising some funds would be a great help to the org. - right? Well, I have an idea which will not only help raise funds, but will also be a great help to a lot of people dealing with this condition. Enough selling – here’s my idea.

Every speech – and also discussion periods after, should be taped, and/or recorded on DVD’s. The initial cost for this can’t be all that much – especially with some help from friends. When the tape sets or DVD’s are complete, there are places you can go and get them made up and duplicated in quantity. These packages can be made available for sale – at a profit for the org. For those who can not attend for one reason or another, this would be a marvelous way to semi-‘attend’ even when they can’t make it. I’d be willing to bet that those who personally attend would also be interested in getting sets so they can review all that was said at their leisure. It would also be a wonderful educational tool for those relatively new to the site and/or illness.

A number of years ago I had a music company with distribution throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the USSR countries, with a little distribution in other places. If you would like some help and guidance on how to produce and distribute this material, please contact me. I will be happy to help as much as I can.
          Burt

Comment

We have offered it in the past - the only problem is that the cost to produce a quality piece it high and the return is rather low. However I will check prices again this year and see what it looks like.
            (I still have videos of the 3rd annual meeting!)

Lisa
            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
            Currently not obstructed
            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Lisa how much are they I want one please i still need to send my membership money in for this year Thanks

Shirley
              Diagnosed 2003
              Myectomy 2-23-2004
              Husband: Ken
              Son: John diagnosed 2004
              Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Yeah Lisa,
                How much would a copy cost? I’m interested also.

When I get some time I will send you an email about how it may be possible to cut costs substantially. Also, if you let people know of it’s availability on the site, I’d bet sales would pick up quite a bit – especially if the presentation is concentrated on what the doctor’s say about HCM rather then the ‘fun meeting’ part.
                Burt

Comment

Some of the information is dated - it is a 3 video set - they were $40.00 for the set - but for a limited time offer we will part with them for the discounted price of $25.00

If you are interested you can email Kelly and place an order.

Lisa
                  Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                  YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                  lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                  Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                  Currently not obstructed
                  Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I have my big jar ready for the loose change collection - I hope everyone is putting aside a few coins. Or.....maybe quite a few coins. Linda

Comment

Working...
                    X