If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my turn to moan

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Linda Find out more about Linda
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my turn to moan

I had a nasty fall fri, am nursing a "clinically" fx left elbow (xray doesn't show it yet), a bad knee and sore nose. Typing has become a challenge, my rt hand won't work well alone. at least I'm rt handed and I have my pain pills - I only need the big ones for sleep. I'm still reading if not posting much. Linda

OH Ouch Linda,

I am so sorry for you and relate to your pain. I still have the plates and screws as a result of my fall 18 years ago.

You just read and rest that arm and take the time necessary to let it heal well. You have my thoughts, prayers and empathy for what you have to deal with.

Keep your chin up and let everyone wait on you for a change.

Pam
    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Oh Linda,
      Let me kiss a boo boo! I hope you heal fast and spring back to be healthy and wealthy and wiser!

Blessings for a speedy recovery,
      Sharon

Comment

Linda - Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Please take care of yourself and take the time to heal! We're thinking of you!

L
        Lynn Stewart
        HOCM 4/2002
        Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Linda
          Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It will take time for the healing process, so rest, rest, rest & read, read, read.

Hope to hear that you are feeling better soon.

Take care
          Esther

Comment

Sorry to hear about your fall. Please rest and allow yourself to heal.

Kelly
            Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.

Comment

Linda, I hope you recover really fast. You just take the time you need to rest until you can move around good again.

Reenie
              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Linda

Please take it easy, there is always tomorrow hope you get to feeling better

Shirley
                Diagnosed 2003
                Myectomy 2-23-2004
                Husband: Ken
                Son: John diagnosed 2004
                Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

thanks, everyone, Linda

Comment

Linda,

So sorry to hear that you took a nasty fall. You moan all you want... i know i would be! Hope you're doing better real soon.

Jim
                    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your fall. Falls can be nasty.

My father-in-law had a bad fall recently, he is going to be okay, but very sore.

Complain all you want.
                      You are always helping us here and we appreciate all that you do.

I hope you feel better very soon. I will pray that you heal quickly.

((((((((((Linda)))))))))) -- gentle

Eileen
                      49 yrs. old
                      Diagnosed at 31.
                      Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                      First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                      Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                      Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                      My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                      2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

My goodness Linda what have you done to yourself this time .. Didnt your foot just heal???

I will call you later!

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
                        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                        Currently not obstructed
                        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Working...
                        X