If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from my cardio appt

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

shirleymahoney Born In Tulsa Oklahoma and have a wonderful husband and 2 great children Find out more about shirleymahoney
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from my cardio appt

My doctor told me i am borderline for needing the transplant and that Monday i'm going back into the hospital (fun fun) and they are going to do a heart cath on me draw a bunch of blood, he says depending on the pressures in my heart then he is going to rapidly pull this fluid off of me he thinks i have a 15 or 20 pounds of fluid built up on me, i'm telling you i will be glad to have some of this fluid off, as far as the transplant is concerned he says i'm going on the list but like all the other doctors he is going to try the med approach first, i told him Dr Gilligan did this and it didn't work, he said nothing, so i will have to let people know things as they come to me Have a great day everyone

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Shirley,

I know that all this confusion about what to do is hard to take, especially when you have not been feeling well anyway. I hope the fluid pull works well and that afterwards you will feel much better. I will pray that you will be amazed by the improvement!

Rhoda

Comment

Good luck, Shirley. I wish you the best.

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Good luck from me too, Shirley.

Best wishes,

Debbie

Comment

Shirley, I hope they can figure out what needs to be done to get you feeling better. Take care and let us know how your doing.

Pam
          It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Shirley,

Take it one step at a time and make sure all your conversations are well documented and reported to all doctors involved in your care.

Pam- forgot to mention this earlier - I love your Avitar!

Lisa
            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
            Currently not obstructed
            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Lisa,
              Thanks, I thought a pic of my boys would be more pleasant then my own.
              Mathew is 12. and Tyler is 4.

Pam
              It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Shirley,

I hope everyhting works out for you, I wonder about you from time to time. Keep fighting and I wish you the best!!

Troy
                Every new beginning, comes from some other new beginnings end.

Comment

Hang in there Shirley,

You are in my thoughts daily as you face the many steps and the wait for your new heart. I hope you get that fluid off successfully and feel a lot better.

Pam
                  Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                  Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                  Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                  SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                  [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                  Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                  Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                  Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Thanks everyone

I am going to be ok, like i said before this is my 3rd one in a year and a half so no big deal my biggest worry is that they will have the same problem as last time and have a hard time getting the sight to clot, but what will be will be, and i will just be glad when things are done and i'm put on the list , in fact my PCP is rather upset that i'm not on the list yet, he said they can still do their test with you on the list, he came over to me and gave me the biggest hug, he just worries about me, he is a great Dr.

Everyone have a great Weekend

Shirley
                    Diagnosed 2003
                    Myectomy 2-23-2004
                    Husband: Ken
                    Son: John diagnosed 2004
                    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

I hope all goes well. I have not had a cath done. It sounds a bit scary. I am glad tha you are finding the help that you need. Keep us posted and don't forget that we are all on your side and we are thinking of you.
                      Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Working...
                      X