If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi ho, Hi ho, It off to Cleveland I go!!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

fireh8tr Find out more about fireh8tr
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ho, Hi ho, It off to Cleveland I go!!

Well kids I'm off to the airport in a few hours. I have testing and meet w/ Dr Lever on Monday, heart cath on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday I meet with Dr. Lever and Dr Smedira. My myectomy is on Thursday if everything else goes as planned. My wife Wanda is going to keep you guys and girls informed about my progress until I can post myself. With any luck that will be sometime Saturday night.

Wishing you all the best in 05!!

Be Safe,

Troy
    Every new beginning, comes from some other new beginnings end.

All the best Troy!
    Peace,
    Leon
    God Squad co-moderator
    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Hi Troy

We'll all be waiting to hear from you or your wife.

Think positive.

God Bless
      Esther

Comment

Best Wishes Troy. We will be waiting to see how everything goes. Prayers and thoughts are with you through all the prep and surgery.

Pam
        Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
        Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
        Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
        SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
        [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
        Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
        Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
        Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Good luck, Troy. I'll keep you in my prayers this week.

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hi Troy,

I wish you the best of luck. We will be looking for updates.

All the best.

Eileen
            49 yrs. old
            Diagnosed at 31.
            Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
            First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
            Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
            Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
            My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
            2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Troy, Best wishes! We'll be waiting for updates, Linda

Comment

Troy,

DR. Lever is worth the wait.
                You'll understand this better Monday night.
                Our thoughts are with you.
                Hope to see you posting by next weekend.

Stuart
                Cleveland Myectomy Club
                August 31, 2004

Comment

Troy
                  Good luck and we will be looking for Wanda's posts

Shirley
                  Diagnosed 2003
                  Myectomy 2-23-2004
                  Husband: Ken
                  Son: John diagnosed 2004
                  Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Troy,

I will keep you in my prayers. Best of luck to you and your Wife. Please keep us posted.

Tigger1
                    Real courage is being scared to death, but saddling-up anyway...
                    " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

I'm back

First of all, thank you!! to you all for the kind words and encouragement. Dr Lever sent me home (I got home last night about 2ish) and suggested I find a new line of work. Says I'm a functional class 1 and that the risk of surgery is far greater than the benifit. So someone has something else planned for my life, I'm just not sure what direction to go now other than forward. I'll keep posting and trying to help others along their way.

Hey Tigger I know what you mean about Monday night. It was around 7 p.m. when I started back to the hotel.

You guys be safe,

Troy
                      Every new beginning, comes from some other new beginnings end.

Comment

Hi Troy,

Thanks for letting us know how everything went. It's probably a bit of a letdown for you not to have had the surgery you planned for, but at the same time everything must be weighed against the risks inherent with open-heart surgery. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Dr. Lever and the entire staff at CCF, and frankly i'd be a bit discouraged if everyone who went there were told they needed a myectomy.

I had to chuckle when you said you didn't leave the hospital monday night until 7:00 pm. LoL. I swear it doesn't matter what time of the day my appointment is scheduled, i always end up getting back to the hotel at about that same time! Maybe he just saves the best for last, huh?

Take care,

Jim
                        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Glad to hear that you know what's going on now. I hope you and Scott didn't get too much ice out there this week. Take care and good luck getting a new line of work.

Reenie
                          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

I hope you had a good visit even if it did not go as you may have planned. If there is anything we can help with just let us know.

Lisa
                            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                            Currently not obstructed
                            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Troy,
                              Sorry to hear things didn't go the way you wanted. I have noticed that happens alot with this stupid disease, but some times you just have to look back and say what the ------! Thats the way I have been handling it and it seems to work. Give me a call I will be in Nebraska a couple days next week but will have the phone on.

Scott
                              Scott Stanley

Heart Transplant June 14th 2005

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X