If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message Board Upgraded!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Tim Stewart Find out more about Tim Stewart
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Board Upgraded!

I have finally completed the required upgrade of the message board. Sorry for the short notice. Depending on what other problems creep up, it may be down again for maintenance. However, I promise to keep downtimes short and only for important changes.

You should be noticing a few new enhancements made in this release - including a spell checker! While you are poking around at the new stuff, please let me know if you find any unusual problems with using this message board as the upgrade was quick and not as well tested as I would have liked.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy!

Happy Holidays!

- Tim
    Thanks, Tim
    Forum Administrator

Well, the first change I noticed is the top 15 posters listed at the bottom of the forum index. Now everyone knows how much I love to talk. Thanks for all your hard work, Tim. I really appreciate it.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Tim, THANK YOU for the time, energy and skill you bring to the message board!
      Merry Christmas!
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Thanks Tim, looks great. You done good again!! Now we and everyone knows who all us blabber mouths are

Happy Holiday to you and your family.

Pam
        Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
        Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
        Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
        SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
        [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
        Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
        Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
        Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Geez – I’m number three already and I am still a member for under a year. Talk about a blabber mouth.

Hey Tim, That’s nice work you do for all of us – but remember, no good deed goes unpunished. I hope Santa brings you everything you want – well, at least the things you want that are good for you.

By the way, I found out Santa’s first name - - and he’s Jewish. I was in the mall the other day and all the kids were lined up to take pictures with Santa, and they kept saying “Izzy Santa?” - - and kids know about such things.

Yingle bells, Yingle bells – yumpin’ yimminy – yimgle bells,
          Burt

Comment

Nice job, Tim!

I like that the announcements and stickies have their own section which makes it easier to get to the user posts...

Jim
            "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Tim,

I have a question... I've noticed that after posting a message, we have the option to delete it for a short while afterwards. How long do we have that option after submitting our post?

Also, the spellcheck is cool, but i guess you have to be a SpellingCow member to use it? It keeps asking for a login and password.

Thanks,

Jim
              "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

I've just tried it out and it tells me the word that's misspelled and offers suggestions, namely my name, but when I went to add it to the "dictionary" it said I had to be logged in to do that. Hmmm.

Reenie
                Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

That's right Reenie ... only "logged in" users can save something to their personal dictionary. Without being logged in, it has no place to save it. That would be the only reason you would need to log in, Jim - if you want to customize your dictionary. Otherwise, it should work just fine.

BTW ... I am still making small corrections to "bugs" I am finding but please continue to report any bizarre behavior to me!

Thanks, Tim
                  Thanks, Tim
                  Forum Administrator

Comment

See, that's what I get for having a weird name! Happens all the time. And gee, how people mispronounce it....

Reenie

PS: When I tried using the "replace" feature it worked fine.
                    Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Hi Tim,
                      Thanks so much for all your skills and talents that you have lent to Lisa for this fabulous message board. Your computer talents & advice for all the computer needs of our organization have been very valuable and very much appreciated! I was wondering why you added a spell checker...do I have a problem with my spelled words Either way, it is much appreciated & welcomed.

Remember the next time you are in Arizona there is room at the Bates Motel for you and your family.

Happy Holiday's and stay warm in that cold country! I might have to put a log on the fire to warm my house tonight. I think it's going to get below 50 at night and above 70 during the day -- brrrr!

Love you guys!
                      Sharon

Comment

Tim,
                        Great job! Thanks.

It looks like Sharon has been watching the weather channel too. You guys are really getting dumped on! Glad we didn't plan to go to Ohio for the holidays. I'm content with the flurries we've had.

Linda

Tim - I don't remember a subject line in the "Post a reply" section before.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                          It looks like Sharon has been watching the weather channel too. You guys are really getting dumped on!
                          Yeah, 8" out there with another 8-12 coming tonight with "blizzard" conditions overnight. Then the arctic blast of -10 for Christmas Eve and a high of 5 on Christmas day. We may not make it to services this year with those temps! Now, when my brother flies in from Phoenix on Tuesday, it is supposed to get up to 45 degrees. Messed up weather!
                          Thanks, Tim
                          Forum Administrator

Comment

Tim,

I, two, like the knew fourum! It seams to make a lotta since!

Still gotta figure out the spell check tho!

Seriously, though, thanks for all you do for us! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Debbie

Comment

Tim,

You did a great job. Here in Cincinnati we have 14 to 22 inches of snow. What a mess...

Tigger1
                              " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X