If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dream

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Debbie Find out more about Debbie
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dream

Hi everyone,

I had a dream the other morning that woke me up. I had to look at my T.V. to make sure that it wasn't on.

OK, here was the dream. It was a commercial that had big letters in the middle of the screen. The letters were "HCM". Then there was a voice-over that said, "HCM. Learn what it is, get the test, save your life."

And then I woke up. I swear, I know it is coming, but how can we get there sooner? I think somebody's telling me to get off my duff and help it happen.

Just thought it was interesting.

Debbie

Re: My Dream

Wow, Debbie. What a dream! I wish I knew where to direct you to help make that deam a reality! Hopefully someone else here can help you. By the way, great wording.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Cool dream

I think it should be on TV.
      49 yrs. old
      Diagnosed at 31.
      Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
      First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
      Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
      Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
      My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
      2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

I just saw a terrific film this week-end that I wholeheartedly recommend to everyone on these message boards. But I think Debbie, after your dream, might find this especially timely. It has nothing to do with heart disease or defibrillators, but also has no car wrecks, super heros or bullets. I suspect all of us here might be effected by some of the things the “thinker - scientists” talk about during the film.

What the Bleep Do We Know – independently made, but is fast approaching Hollywood’s Top Ten films for dollars grossed. Read Dr. Joe Dispenza's comments for a glimpse of the type of content in the movie.
        • 1995: Brigham & Women’s Hospital - diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation
        • 2004: Falkner Hospital – diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure
        • 2004: Tufts NEMC– diagnosed with “End Stage” Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
        • 2005: Genetic Test – Laboratory for Molecular Medicine. HCM confirmed – missense mutation detected in TNNT2 gene
        • 2009: Brigham & Women’s - Third cardioversion begin Amiodarone for AFib
        • 2011: Brigham & Women’s - Medtronic ICD implant

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I'm brainstorming. Maybe we should start a letter writing campaign (hope that's spelled write ).

Anyway, maybe if each of us decided to write a letter to our congressmen, senators, representatives, etc. And also sent the letters to local news stations, network news, and all T.V. talk shows, we could get the information out there.

I'm still recovering from the lead replacement, so my energy isn't at full speed yet, but I'm willing to work on it.

What do you think?

Debbie

Comment

Debbie,

Cool dream!

It definitely beats the heck out of my frequently recurring, and somewhat disturbing dream of being chased around by a gigantic Polish sausage. LoL. Freud would have a field-day with that one.

Boz, i love independent films, and will definitely have to check out the one you suggested.

Jim
            "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

OK everybody,

When it comes to weird dreams – well I had a lulu last night. I tossed and turned all night according to my wife, and finally wound up the night with a strange gulping, munching sound. To me, on my side of the dream, I dreamt I was in a great field of giant marshmallows and I had to eat my way to freedom.

When I finally woke up – I couldn’t find my pillow, - and still haven’t located it. Also today I have been doing a lot of coughing. There seems to be a strange tickle in my throat. Has this ever happened to anybody else on the board? (Man, talk about vivid dreams.)

Burt

Comment

OK, Burt,
                Time to go to bed! It is obvious that you have been up much too long! :P
                Rhoda

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X