If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbie--again

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Dawn-C Find out more about Dawn-C
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie--again

Hi,

A couple of years ago I found this wonderful website when my mom got dx with HOCM. She had a myectomy Aug 2002 at CCF (one of the original CMC). Other than her HUGE phobia of anything medical, she's doing great. She goes to her check ups and gets her testing done with only big anxiety attacks. She's on Lopressor and doing fine.

Why am I back? My 15 y/o daughter just told me she's short of breath, dizzy and chest pain--even at rest but mostly when she's moving around. This has been for a couple of months but lately it's been getting more frequent so she thought she'd tell me. Needless to say, I'm freaked out!

We all had Echo's in 2002 and they were fine. I'll be calling the doc in the am. But until then I needed to brush up on my HCM and just to reach out to those who know what it's like to live in a family with HCM.

Thanks again and again for this site!
    Dawn
    daughter of mom with HOCM (CMC 8/2001)

Re: newbie--again

Hope everything goes well.
    If she needs someone to talk to, my AOL screen name is SuperNelly87...sometimes its just easier to talk to someone closer in age, know it has been for me... (im 17, diagnosed when i was 16)

Needless to say, being a teenager with HCM is hard, and sucks sometimes...but for the most part everythings fine and my friends totally understand and will stop and rest with me when i get out of breath and stuff, and its been really hard at times...but overall i can't complain

She hasn't been diagnosed yet from what i hear, so keep us updated. if she wants to talk to me, definatly give her my screen name (and my email adress is [email protected] if she wants that)

much love!
    ~janelle*
    \"The heart swells at the magnificance\"

1 timothy 4:12: Do not let others look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.

Comment

Re: newbie--again

Welcome back, Dawn. I'll hope that your daughter is fine. Let us know how it goes.

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X