If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

surgery scheduled

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgery scheduled

[surgery scheduled]

Author: john jordan (---.public.svc.webtv.net)

Date: 06-15-02 14:39

TO ALL OF YOU, I have appointments to see dr. asher and dr smedira at the cleveland clinic on july 10-11. my surgery is scheduled for tuesday july 16th. the plan is to do the myectomy, mitral valve, and two bypasses. im told all should go well and be out of hospital in 5-7 days. not quite sure what to expect in the way of how i will feel. again i wish to thank all of you who have sent me messages as well as emails about the cleveland clinic. peace to all, john

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: surgery scheduled]

Author: Pat-Sub (---.intrepid.net)

Date: 06-15-02 15:58

Hi John,

Glad you have everything set. Iam sure you will do well as you certainly have a great surgeon and will be in a great hospital. thoughts and prayers will go your way on July 16th

Pat.

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 06-15-02 21:41

John,

Best wishes to you on your upcoming surgury, you will be in good hands at Cleveland. Your doctors are very well skilled and will give you top quality care. If you need anything before or after your procedure please feel free to contact the HCMA and we will do whatever we can to make this a positive experience. (yes, I know heart surgury...is not exactly what we all look forward to. However if you go into the procedure with the best possible attitude it will help your recovery time)

You will be in my thoughts.

Best wishes,

Lisa Salberg

HCMA

973-983-7429

[good luck]

Author: Ronnie (---.tnt1.columbus.ms.da.uu.net)

Date: 06-15-02 21:45

prayers are headed your way.

Author: Matt (---.disney.com)

Date: 06-15-02 22:46

John,

When I had my myectomy, the worst thing for me was when I had to sneeze or cough because of the sternum being split and spread. It is sore for a while. So I recommend holding a big soft pillow against your chest if you feel a sneeze/cough coming on. Other than that it was a breeze and that small problem probably only lasted a few weeks anyway.

But overall I felt 100% better while still recovering in the hospital. The difference is amazing! It's a great gift.

Good luck. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Matt

Author: Board Moderator: Sarah Beckley (---.dialup.mindspring.com)

Date: 06-16-02 03:47

Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Be sure to drop by again after you get home and rested up.

Sarah

Author: Kay Ruth (---.as0.wlby.oh.voyager.net)

Date: 06-16-02 20:48

hi John , glad you are all set to go .They really take good care of you at the clinic .It is an anxious time for you but keep telling yourself it is for the best.We will be waiting to hear from you whenyou feel up to it . Good luck and god bless .Kay Ruth.
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X