If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE: Board of Directors discuss Message Board conduct

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Debbie Find out more about Debbie
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Board of Directors discuss Message Board conduct

Lisa, Board of Directors,

Just to let you know, I totally support your decision.

I personally have no idea who you're talking about, but that doesn't matter to me. Your discretion is what matters, and I believe that if someone doesn't agree with the rules of play on this board, they can choose not to be part of this board.

Lisa, I wanted to let you know that I have often admired the time and effort that you have put into this board and the HCMA, and value your efforts so much.

I also am glad that you are not afraid to exercise your judgement and exclude those posts which would be inappropriate, or do not support the mission of the HCMA.

Thanks to all for your efforts and dedication.

Debbie

Re: Board of Directors discuss Message Board conduct

Lisa, as you know you have to have a very strong constitution to be where you are. Please do not let this one person stress you out. Remember you have to take care of yourself to help take care of all of us. You do a great job and keep it up. Backing you 100%.
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Comment

This string is over a year old. I don't think that this is a current problem, although certainly the Board should have the power to delete posters from the board if a need arises.
      Daughter of Father with HCM
      Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
      Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
      ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
      Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Ok...

Thanks Cynaburst.

Ooops! I'm embarrassed now.

But this is a good time to bring this up, because I know why I posted to such an old message without noticing it before.

Ever since the new server took over and I log in, the line that says "view posts since last visit", always says (0), even when there are new ones. So now I have to scroll through each subject to read the new posts.

Also, I have to log in twice before I can post.

What am I doing wrong?

Debbie

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie
          Ever since the new server took over and I log in, the line that says "view posts since last visit", always says (0), even when there are new ones. So now I have to scroll through each subject to read the new posts.

Also, I have to log in twice before I can post.

What am I doing wrong?

Debbie
          Make sure that your browser is set to accept cookies for this site. The change in server should not have affected anyone's ability to log in or prevent you from making a new post or to check unread messages unless the cookie files are not being created correctly.

You might try clearing the CACHE for your browser and maybe even deleting the temporary files. You might also want to verify that the correct domain and URL for this message board (http://www.4hcm.org/phpBB2/) is being used as that will also affect the cookies.

Please let me know if that is still not working and I will assist further.
          Thanks, Tim
          Forum Administrator

Comment

Re: RE: Board of Directors discuss Message Board conduct

I have the same exact problem at work. I don't think this is an isolated incident. I have other problems at home with logging in.

Comment

Re: RE: Board of Directors discuss Message Board conduct

Debbie,

Thank you for your posting. It is nice to know all of our efforts do not go unnoticed. The problem that occured is "history" so to speak - but it is nice to remind ourselves of the past to keep up on our toes for the future!

Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
              X